Sun, Sep 22, 7:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: IM GIVING UP ON DAZ

karmaticdragon69 ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2007 at 5:16 PM

file too big..lol

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 2:18 PM

Free or not, you can't redistribute files without permission. I think the Artist's Guide iss till available - as I recall I had to change the link in the FAQ thread after the last site redo.

jakiblue ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 7:33 PM

Quote - Well, the library structure is Poser's (and if you weren't using Poser youu could move all hair related files into the hair library, put the mat files in with their clothes and so on). Native files (.daz scene files and .ds/.dsb preset and script files) can be arranged how you want - you don't even have to keep them in a D|S content folder, if you don't mind using File>Merge to add them to your scene.

richard, when you say 'put the mat files in with their clothes and so on' - this is what i've been wondering can be done. I don't have Poser, I only have D|S, and what drives me nuts is I go to 'figures', load whatever clothing i want, then i have to scroll down to 'poses' and find the mats that belong to that clothing. So...are you saying that instead of having all my mat files in the 'poses' folder, I can move them up to 'figures' and include them in a folder with the original clothing? So for instance (and i'm sorry if i'm seeming pedantic about this, but i seem to have this strange block in my head when it comes to folders structures), in 'libraries', you have 'faces' 'figures' 'poses' 'props'. In 'figures' I can sort it like this:
folder V3 - then in that folder, create:
folder Clothing - then in that folder, create:
folder Fred Dress - then in that folder, create:
fodler Fred Dress MATS - then in that folder, create:
folder Fred Dress PROPS (IE hair bows, dress ribbons, etc)

So in other words, everything i need for that particular dress (including mats and props), I can keep in the 'figures' folder, in a special folder for that dress? So I don't have to scroll down for ages to find the mats?

And I have a 'hair' folder in 'figures' and 'hair mats' in 'poses' - can all of these be moved to the actual folder called 'hair', so all my hair and hair colours are in the same place?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 1:58 PM

Yes, that's exactly the sort of thing I meant.

jakiblue ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:57 AM

thank you so much, richard!

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 7:40 PM

feel free to stop by for help with questions.
groups.msn.com/Studio-WorkShop

i would be happy to help.
i gave up using poser for all my renders and now only use studio.
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.