Mon, Oct 21, 10:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Old Vue new Vue comparison shots:

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 11:08 AM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 2:59 AM

Hi all.  Hope you don't mind me creating this thread.  I was hoping to have a thread where people can take old scenes created with previous versions of Vue and re-render them in Vue 6 with  displacement maps and better lighting but everything else the same.  Some cool side by side(or above and below) comparisons would be cool to really see some the changes in effect.  Also if you want to share render time changes  that would be cool too.  Thanks!

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 11:30 AM

its' not easy to make comparisons between the 2 versions, because V6 render engine has changed, anti aliasing has changed, radiosity has changed ( so much faster), and when loading a V5 scene in V6, V6 imports it in a way the V5 settings remain true to the original, but since so many changes and tweaks were made in V6, the comparison wouldn't be completely accurate. Add in some area lights and displacement, and of course render times will increase.

NightVoice ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 11:48 AM · edited Mon, 06 November 2006 at 11:48 AM

I'm not intending for this to be a "load your old scene in v6 and push the render button" thread.  I expect some tweaking to occur.  It is more of a way to show how much better things can look by making some simple lighting and displacement changes. And yes, I know render times will increase.  Just want to see if the changes added minutes or days. :)

This is kind of a "This is how my scene looked, but it now looks like this" kinda thread.  :)

urig ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 11:48 AM

Ive tried it with two different scences, to see the difference but vue6 poofs away... Nothing special in the scences. One with an ecosystem of flying pegasuss... Scene is loading fine til the moment I do the first click into vue. Poof! The other scene is one, Ive made for last months contest... This one is working til Ive changed the bumps into displacement...

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 06 November 2006 at 11:57 AM

Oh, ok, I hadn't understood, NightVoice.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.