Thu, Sep 19, 7:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Vue 6 glossies on the street - tell us your stories

tlaloc321 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 7:42 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 10:10 AM

Took some vue glossies into the real world yesterday and showed them around without informing people they were CG. No one, truly no one, had any idea they were not photographs that I had taken myself. I eventually gave in and let them know, they were even more amazed. I am sure some of you have better stories about such deceptions. I think the atmosphere is a large part of what is really selling the images as well as an improved "smoothness" that the previous render engine seems to just be lacking.

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 7:58 AM

I do that with gallery images from www.maxwellrender.com I have actually been working on recreating some of those images in VUE 6, as they are VERY comparable now.

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 8:31 AM

How are Maxwell and Vue 6...comparable?

IMO, they couldn't be more different.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 8:39 AM

Final render quality is what I am referring to.

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 8:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.autodesk.com/eng/etc/fakeorfoto/

I don't have personal experience with Vue (although sometimes I get that experience when looking at the gallery).

You may want to play with these pictures too :)

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 8:44 AM

Ah, ok.  Has anyone done any architecture work in Vue 6 yet?  I guess I'm waiting to see if it's just SSS improvements and that sort of thing...or if the overall look s better.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 8:53 AM

Ryan, the VUE 6 engine has been completely redone. We are doing some testing now vs VRay and Maxwell at www.rendersolutions.com

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 8:58 AM

Where at in those pages?  It seems it's all company and project info.  I just want to keep tabs on this as it goes on.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

agiel ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 9:05 AM · edited Tue, 07 November 2006 at 9:06 AM

Did you see this image by Eran on the Vue 6 website ?

concrete staircase

It's getting close to what Maxwell can do.

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 10:02 AM

They won't be posted there. But when we get some results, I will post them.

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 10:49 AM

Quote - Did you see this image by Eran on the Vue 6 website ?

concrete staircase

It's getting close to what Maxwell can do.

See, to me, that's not a really good example.  I mean, it's essentially one material in a closed up spot.  It's a nice render, don't get me wrong, but I'm hesitent to say it's at Maxwell's level yet.  Part of what makes Maxwell so nice is how the materials look.  They look REAL.

I can just wait   :)  Everyone SAYS it looks nicer, and I'll believe them for now, but in te Vue 6 render thread, I dunno...a lot looks the same.  Yeah, there's SSS effects and things of that nature, but it stil looks like Vue to me.  I'm sure with more playing we'll get better examples eventually.  People are still in play-with-me mode here.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:34 PM

file_358872.jpg

...How about this?

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 07 November 2006 at 1:36 PM

file_358873.jpg

...or THIS?

...if you would like to be BLOW-AWAY with photo-realism in 3D- just look at the images in these threads!...

http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/forum.aspx?id=24

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.