Mon, Sep 16, 12:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Mac Power PC Vue 6 Poser Import Problems

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 12:52 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is any one else out there having problems importing Poser characters on Mac PPC platforms with Vue6?  I have seen reports of long delays in some cases, and in other cases, Poser Import does not work at all.  Anybody have any light to shed on this?

artysta ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 3:20 PM

Quote - Is any one else out there having problems importing Poser characters on Mac PPC platforms with Vue6?  I have seen reports of long delays in some cases, and in other cases, Poser Import does not work at all.  Anybody have any light to shed on this?

Well I do have the problem and Dave here has been very helpfull in trying to find an answer, so here's my results so far... I have a PPC G5 Dual 2.0 running the latest OSX 4Gigs of Ram, updated video card (256 if i remember right) I'm running Vue6i, Poser 6 (withthe latest service updates), and now SkinVue6. I had no problems getting Vue6i working, and have never really had any Poser problems. This is the first time using SkinVue. (I did not use poser with Vue5i) Importing from Poser6 to Vue6i. I can load in many characters in very normal time as long as they are DAZ characters. Poser Characters don't load. (I have not tried waiting 30mins yet) SkinVue has no problems Victoria, it works very well although I have a few times it said it wasn't a skinvue file, I closed it, re-imported victoria, worked fine. Maybe this is user error, I'll keep trying. Poser characters like Jessi, and James just don't load, no error, no crash, just blank. If I include Hair, i get the hair, but no body. I import Object, get the normal resize--center object dialog. (I follow the parameters set by skin vue on grouping and such) It runs for a few seconds, and then I get the next dialog where I can set animation, etc... (I follow the parameters set by skin vue here as well) Now 2 things happen depending on the character. Victoria, continues to load and comes into Vue in about 1 min or less Jessi/James the dialog box just goes away, does not continue to show me the progress bar (in vue interface), if Jessi had a wig, i just get the wig. So far I can use Poser6, Vue6, and SkinVue6 as long as I use Victoria. Now i didn't not let it go for 30+ minutes to see if Jessi loads, i will try that tonight as well as other characters. --greg

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 9:27 PM

file_358992.jpg

Hi, my poser import was going fine until today. Love esther looks okay in the main camera view before render, but the render turns out black.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 11:16 PM

Esterau, I've seen that one before.  Do a "Purge Memory" from the File menu.

artysta ( ) posted Wed, 08 November 2006 at 11:28 PM

Ive done some tests with different characters.... Aiko - does import Ben - does not James - does not Jessi - does not Miki - does import Kelvin(G2) - does import, but no texture map Steph - does but no texture map Vicky - does import SkinVue works with the character it says it works with on the ones that load. Basically anything Poser ships with doesn't import. Almost everying I have purchased after, does work. When a chracter doesn't load, its just not there. if the character had any props, hair, etc, those import fine. Just no bodies. I'm going to let my import session run overnight on Jessi, see if its there in the morning.

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:30 AM

I said it at Cornucopia as well - my guess is that this behavior has to do that the geometry files for the native Poser characters are obz while the others are obj.

Maybe there is a bug in the imporet filter still for unpacking those obzs. Does this make sense?

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:30 AM

I said it at Cornucopia as well - my guess is that this behavior has to do that the geometry files for the native Poser characters are obz while the others are obj.

Maybe there is a bug in the import filter still for unpacking those obzs. Does this make sense?

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 10:53 AM

Wabe, I gues I didn't understand your message the first time, but after the second time I understand your point now (LOL). 

Greg, interesting tests.  I think Wabe might be right.  There might be something screwy with the Poser import API on PPC machines that's causing the problem.  I have alerted the tech folks from e-on to follow this thread as weel as one on C3D.  So perhaps they could repeat your excellent tests here.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 6:15 PM

Hi DAve, that purging memory thing worked perfectly. Thanks! Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 9:32 PM

Can anyone share the link regarding this problem at C3D?  I'm currently overloaded with work so haven't had much time to peruse all the threads.  I did a quick look over there but didn't see it.

My specs are similar to Greg's above:
Dual PPC G5 2.5 GHz
3.5 gigs of RAM

Since I don't even know how to use my V6I yet, I can't test this out until I have more time to both learn the program a bit and then import a figure from P6.  I'd like to bookmark these threads for future reference.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can post the link.
~arry

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

dburdick ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 11:17 PM
ariannah ( ) posted Thu, 09 November 2006 at 11:32 PM

Thanks, Dave.
Appreciate it. :)

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.