Wed, Sep 18, 6:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: skin vue and cahracter animation in vue

joemccarron ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 8:48 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 6:49 PM

Hello

I am fairly new to 3d.  I am mainly interested in realistic character animation.  I have been using poser and like it except for the memory limitations and lack of render farming.  (I also wish it was easier to not have feet fall below the ground etc. but I'm not sure what feature could help that as opposed to just workign it through.)  I was considering carrera or vue infinite.   The ecosystems would be a nice plus but I mainly need a better renderer. 

Carrera samples that I have seen don't seem to have realistic looking people. So I am leaning toward vue thanks to skinvue.

However since I mainly do character animation I would definitely need skinvue.   I have not seen any animations with skinvue characters.  How do they turn out?

Also are there any advantages to the animation tool set in vue over poser.  Since I can import scenes from poser it seems I can take advantage of both tool sets.   Does vue offer any tools that I could use after import that would be helpful in character animation?

Perhaps this needs a different thread but this matchmover deal looks amazing!  Has anyone worked with this and gotten any results? 

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

dburdick ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 10:10 AM · edited Sat, 11 November 2006 at 10:12 AM

If you want to see whar SkinVue6 looks like in an animation, surf over to Frederic Louguet' s gallery at:

http://www.renderfred.free.fr

and also, download this (42mb), it will blow you away:

http://renderfred.free.fr/Digital%20Beauties_MP4.avi

Of course, Frederic is a master of both Vue6 and SkinVue6, so maybe you could get in touch with him about your character rendering issues as well. 

joemccarron ( ) posted Sat, 11 November 2006 at 8:48 PM

Skinvue works fantastic in animations.  Thank you for the pointing toward the examples.

BTW you have to  take the "www" out of your first link. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.