Thu, Oct 24, 11:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 23 12:32 pm)

Subject: Can anyone tell me how I can render a character from Daz Studio to Vue Infinite5

DeanPaul ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 12:31 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 6:58 PM

I feel lost.Theres got to be away to use Daz Studio and import a figure to vue Infinite 5.Can someone tell me a step buy step way to do this?I would appreciate it!Dean McClelland

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 1:07 AM

There is AT the moment a discussion about that at Cornucopia3D.com. You maybe want to go there and read what is written there.
The principle is export as obj from D]S with collecting the materials (textures) into the same folder as where the exported obj is. But i fear this has it's limits. Sometimes transparencies are not coming over correctly. Or bump maps are too strong.

Poser and Vue is the smoother connection i think. And Poser 5 is not really expensive anymore - was even free for a little time.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Bea ( ) posted Sat, 02 December 2006 at 7:36 AM

Export from DAZ Studio as an object. Chose poser as the type of object when you get to that page
Make sure that use object name(s) root is ticked 
Tick everything else except for  swap Y and Z orientation
collect the maps but do not convert them for Bryce 

The only thing you may have to do is work on the alpha maps for the eyebrows and eyelashes in Vue.  But apart from that there shouldn't be too much problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.