Tue, Oct 8, 6:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 4:32 pm)

Subject: Have any of you purchased VTC training for Poser 5?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 6:00 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

Though I use P4 and ProPack exclusively cause I know it so well, it's time to move on.
I just bought the VTC Poser 5 CDs. I've got P5, P6, and have ordered P7. 

P6 is on the sites'wishlist' so I had to start with P5.

Anyone use these training CDs?

I could use an honest opinion from someone who has it.

Thanks,
Ms BillyGoat

skeetshooter ( ) posted Wed, 22 November 2006 at 6:23 PM

Yes, BillyGoat, I have, when I first started using Poser. I still use it as an occasional reference and to teach my teenagers. I first started using the on-line version where you pay by the month, but quickly figured I wanted a longer-term reference and bought the CD, expensive ($100) as it was. If all you want is a solid start-up, go with the monthly for a month and save 70 bucks. I travel, so I wanted to view it on the plane, home, etc. The narrator is breezy, fun to listen to, great with analogies and contemporary cultural references, and obviously quite expert in a variety of 3D and animation packages, including Poser. You can test drive the first chapters, in case you haven't yet. Very well done, and lengthy with plenty of chapters. You should be able handle most Poser challenges in Poser after working through it, and it serves as a great reference for those "now, how do I do that?" questions that might arise. Since the difference between Poser 5 and 6 is not that great, it applies equally well to Poser 6, and will probably serve you well for Poser 7, since most of the expected upgrades are in the performance area rather than fundamental changes to the interface. I'm impatient and have a rather short attention span, and so tend to be hypercritical of boring or unengaging materials. I'm desperate to get Poser 7 for it's superior animation tools and power. While the VTC for Poser 5 will not answer every question you might have and go into complete detail on every single one of Poser's features, it covers far more than the basics. It sure beats struggling through Poser's own tutorials and the several reference manuals available for Poser 5 and 6, although can still come in handy from time to time. Consider the value of your time, and make the decision. It was certainly worth it to me. SS

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2006 at 7:36 PM

What a well written answer to my question. Thank you so much for information!
I've spent a small fortune on content, but training will take me a lot farther.

Again, thank you

Anniebel ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 1:05 AM

Wow, looks like a cool site, just doing the demos I picked up on stuff I had missed.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.