Sun, Sep 15, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: New Bryce 6.0 upgrade for 5.0/5.5 users...problem.

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Thu, 23 November 2006 at 10:40 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 3:25 PM

There seems to be a problem with this upgrade version($39.95 upgrade). No one has got it to work, or are getting serial number problems. You might want to wait for DAZ to fix. The app .EXE will error on start after install, Studio will sometimes not find its install folder and error, or if you get to the start screen after launching Bryce 6.0 it will ask for a serial number when there isn't suposed to be one and none were given. 

Just thought I'd save a few people from the problem.  Watch for news here or at DAZ. Or if anyone got this version to work let us know... ?... Im sure they will have a fix soon. Thanks. 😄

edit: this is only the app.EXE( the 35.7mb one), the other 8 downloads with it work fine.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 9:10 AM

Quote - There seems to be a problem with this upgrade version($39.95 upgrade). No one has got it to work, or are getting serial number problems. You might want to wait for DAZ to fix. The app .EXE will error on start after install, Studio will sometimes not find its install folder and error, or if you get to the start screen after launching Bryce 6.0 it will ask for a serial number when there isn't suposed to be one and none were given. 

Just thought I'd save a few people from the problem.  Watch for news here or at DAZ. Or if anyone got this version to work let us know... ?... Im sure they will have a fix soon. Thanks. 😄

edit: this is only the app.EXE( the 35.7mb one), the other 8 downloads with it work fine.

Two things wrong with this:

A lot of people I know, and in this forum, had no problems getting Bryce 6 to install.  Technically, it's not an upgrade, it's a separate program.  You can even leave your Bryce 5 or 5.5 installed if you want.  I didn't have any problems at all and am playing with the HDR and IBL options right now.

Secondly, the program asks for a serial number because it requires one.  If you check your DAZ account under Available Serial Numbers you should find the one for Bryce 6.  You should also have gotten an email with the serial number in it.

If you had problems, you would do better contacting DAZ directly rather than posting that the app doesn't work for anyone. 

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 11:19 AM · edited Fri, 24 November 2006 at 11:33 AM

Yes, but Im talking about the new non-PC club, upgrade. It also requires you to have Bryce 5.x installed(you have to uninstall with installer or later with add/remove programs) before the installer will continue for upgrade eligibility,...sorry if I wasn't clear with just putting the price($39.95 upgrade for 5.x to 6.0). No one I've read in DAZ forums was issued a serial # anywhere, that I see for only this version upgrade.

lazycatstudio ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 6:01 PM

Quote - Two things wrong with this:

A lot of people I know, and in this forum, had no problems getting Bryce 6 to install.  Technically, it's not an upgrade, it's a separate program.  You can even leave your Bryce 5 or 5.5 installed if you want.  I didn't have any problems at all and am playing with the HDR and IBL options right now.

Secondly, the program asks for a serial number because it requires one.  If you check your DAZ account under Available Serial Numbers you should find the one for Bryce 6.  You should also have gotten an email with the serial number in it.

If you had problems, you would do better contacting DAZ directly rather than posting that the app doesn't work for anyone. 

Apparently the Upgrade Version has got it's own installer that checks for a current installation of 5.0 or 5.5 and they botched the build of that one. Additionally the system is not issuing serial numbers correctly, so the upgraders are facing a wee problem right now.

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 6:19 PM

Hi, lazycatstudio,...Yeah, to bad it was over holiday weekend though for the 5.x crossgrade users (if thats the right term).

The installer seems to look for the wrong name for Studio as well and errors there, but some have got around that only to find they needed a serial number. DAZ will fix.

MarkHirst ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 6:49 PM

A missing serial number is the least of my problems. The 1.3.1 installer appears to install a Release Candidate version of 1.4.13 Studio. Starting Bryce gives this: The Procedure entry point ?DzScene__clear@@YAXPAVDzScene@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library dzwrapper.dll I'm somewhat miffed that I paid for a Bryce upgrade welded on to the side of software that is not even considered to be of release quality yet.

www.CambrianMoons.com

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 8:29 PM

There isn't a lot to say about this - apart from the fact that there is nothing that can be done until DAZ get back from the long weekend on Monday. I am fairly confident that the problems with this upgrade option will be sorted out very quickly then.  

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 9:53 PM

Quote - A missing serial number is the least of my problems. The 1.3.1 installer appears to install a Release Candidate version of 1.4.13 Studio. Starting Bryce gives this: The Procedure entry point ?DzScene__clear@@YAXPAVDzScene@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library dzwrapper.dll I'm somewhat miffed that I paid for a Bryce upgrade welded on to the side of software that is not even considered to be of release quality yet.

I seem to be having the same problem with installing the B6 UP5_0/5_5 Application itself.  I have an error where it says that it couldn't find the Daz Studio under such a file and I have to located it under Start menu and look under "Search"...   Then when trying to load in the program, I get a readout exactly like the poster said that it can't locate some (@@Scene@@) in some dzwrapper.dll. (?!?)

I too been looking forward to pursuing this, hence I have other things to download too (Presets and Contents).  Does downloading and installing it's contents and presets (I know that Content 1 and 2 has over 60MB -- and I'm on dial-up) would clear the locating files problem?  Has anyone installed the contents and presets?

Just a thought on that note.

In the meantime, we shall see what all goes on on Monday.

--Sigh, off to play 5.5--

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 9:57 PM

Woops, it seems I can't get into 5.5 now...  Well, I guess I'll have to wait 'til Monday, then.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 10:29 PM

:( :( I hope it will all be sorted out quickly on Monday

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 10:56 PM

The  B6 update from 5.x_app.exe installs with or with out the presets/content etc...and only the installer(its the .exe 35.7mb file) is getting these errors.  If you uninstall/reinstall, then files get removed sometimes(I've done this alot) breaking funtionality of another app(namely B5.x and Studio). The procedure then has to start all over again from the begining, or files like dzwrapper get mixed. Im looking forward to joining the rest of the Bryce 6.0 community next week when DAZ has a chance to look at the problem. :mellow:

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 24 November 2006 at 11:08 PM

Quote - Woops, it seems I can't get into 5.5 now...  Well, I guess I'll have to wait 'til Monday, then.
JB

EDIT:  Just a FYI: I managed to go back to B5.5 now

*** By uninstalling B6Upgrade and B5.5 and including DAZ|Studio (which I believe is the culprit).*** 

I had a heck of a time going to B5.5 since it's an issue with a language problem (.dll) -- so, I assume it's a Daz|Studio language problem or maybe we have the wrong .exe to associate it.  Nevertheless, I'm not without a landscaping program -- my guess!!!

So, for anyone having this problem, if you want to go back to the original program (Bryce 5.5) just...

--Uninstall both apps (Bryce 6UG and/or Bryce 5.5), and don't forget to uninstall D|S as well (whatever version), because if not uninstalled, it will read out the .dll language problem on Bryce 5.5.

--*Install Bryce 5.5 on that drive (C:/F:) and it will start over from scratch, and including the Daz|Studio 1.0...

*Just a tip... and again, will hope that something will develop next week.

Until then,

JB

lazycatstudio ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 7:12 PM

It may help if you just download D|S seperately and install it by itself before installing B6, circumventing the issue with a wrong/misnamed version included.

Bea ( ) posted Sat, 25 November 2006 at 7:15 PM

There will still be the problem that no-one who has bought the upgrade has received a serial number and without that it is useless :(

MarkHirst ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 6:16 AM

Not wanting to sound unduly pessimistic or negative but this sort of problem, especially in the light of the Bryce 5.5 fiasco which sent me into the arms of Vue 5, is surely a sign that DAZ are still not ready to be a software company. Vue has its problems too, I might add, but fundamental problems like this just shouldn't happen.

www.CambrianMoons.com

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Sun, 26 November 2006 at 7:11 AM

I'll admit, this was a very basic mistake on their part. But I'll be nice and give them til the end of the next work week to clear(100%) the problem before I give up with Bryce 6.0. I will also read more after a release of any versions(any software) thereafter before I purchase again.

fpfrdn3 ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 3:43 PM · edited Mon, 27 November 2006 at 3:47 PM

Well, if ya head on over to DAZ, they have now fixed this version upgrade(the $39.95 Bryce 5.x to 6.0 only**,** upgrade) and E-mailed everyone that bought this version with links for it and serials. It was a long holiday weekend for some of us Brycers for sure.  :bored:

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 27 November 2006 at 9:48 PM

Quote - It was a long holiday weekend for some of us Brycers for sure.  :bored:

*It sure was.  I just got mine.

MarkHirst ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 12:13 PM

Although the problems with Bryce leaving something to be desired, I can't fault DAZ for having and honouring their 30 day money back guarantee.

I've just got off the phone after talking to a very helpful sales representative who happily converted my purchase into gift certificates that I can now spend on some content.

Other software companies would probably have shrugged their shoulders and quoted the EULA clause at me with all that "no warranties, expressed or implied" nonsense in it.

www.CambrianMoons.com

Bea ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 4:18 PM

See Mark I told you so :) :)

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 10:32 AM

/me pats bryce 5 and bryce 5.5. He then pokes everyone that got bryce 6 and starts laughing at them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CrazyDawg
(Laughing all the way to the bank with the money he saved)

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.