Sat, Sep 21, 6:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Reason # 7 revealed

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 1:45 PM

NP at all.. glad to be of help. Did you just get a new system as well?

(BTW, I'd read it's best to have a little more power available then you actually need. That's why I went with the 500 watt as opposed to the 450 watt. The price difference? $6!)

The ati x1950 pro recommends 450 watts minimum. Might wanna rethink only 450 just in case.

(Plus the 500 watt one comes with a internal blue LED... COOOL! Now you can have a L33T system just like th ekids these days.. LOL!)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 2:16 PM

Yes, I've just gotten a new HP system also.  Mine's an Intel Core 2 Duo.

And of course -- I've started upgrading it immediately after purchase.  I figure that the next step will be increasing the RAM from 2G to 4G.  And then I'll need to add an extra hard drive or two.

Currently, I've got a new 22" LCD Widescreen monitor, plus an older 19" flatscreen CRT monitor that I"m using as a secondary.  Of course, I'll need to get another LCD to replace the CRT VGA............

.......it's all good.

An internal blue LED, eh...........?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Gareee ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 2:25 PM

Sounds like a good system. It it comes with a big hd, I'd just stick with it for now, and concentrate on things like the video card, and memory (though I'm sticking with 2 gig for now, to see how well i does as it is.)

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 01 December 2006 at 2:36 PM · edited Fri, 01 December 2006 at 2:40 PM

Mine seems to be OK with 2G.  But I haven't had it long enough to really put it through its paces yet.  I've been quite busy over the last several weeks.  My new system sat in its box for a week, unopened, before I had a chance to get it set up.  I haven't even installed Lightwave 9 or AutoCad 2007.1 on it yet.  Perhaps I'll find the time to do those things over this weekend.

But I do have Poser, Vue, Photoshop, and Bryce installed (so far).  It flies.  Especially over my old P4 system.

My old PC is now semi-retired to file server status.  Perhaps I'll set it up for use as a rendercow for Vue.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.