Tue, Oct 22, 1:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Need help

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 4:04 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:44 AM

I need to make a model of an asian canal/waterway boat.  I don't know the name of them but they are the very long narrow kind that a fisherman usually stands on and poles his way around shallow lakes and streams.  Some have a little canopy over the top where they can get out of the rain and even do a little cooking on board.  

Does anyone know the name of these water craft?  I would love to know their name so I can do a google search and find lots of images of them to help make the model.  Or if you know where a model of one is available that would be even better.

I appreciate any assistance.

And yes, when I am done making the model I will be posting it in the freebie section.

Thx,
G&C

spedler ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 5:02 PM

Sounds like a Chinese sampan, or maybe a  Thai 'snake boat'. There are plenty of Google images of both of these.

Steve

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 10:57 PM

That was it.  Thx so much spedler.  I googled sampan and eventually found exactly what I was looking for.  I appreciate your help so much.

G&C

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.