Wed, Oct 2, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Texture map tutorial/info needed

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 11:33 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:19 PM

Hi all, I have recently returned from holidays and posted a few pics. I went to a place called Wellington caves and took some really nice texture photos. I played around with the textures of one in Bryce and posted it as a pic called Ancestral image. Wawadave said he would love to have textures like that so I would like some info on how to make a texture map for Bryce, (D/S and Poser) so I can share it with wawadave and any others that find it interesting. I originally played with the texture to get something that would look like burnt skin so any hints there would be helpful. I have included the orig pic, the textures evolving from it and the pic that wawadave liked so you can get an idea where I am comming from (if my pc decides to load it!). Thanks all, check out my gallery if you want to see me feeding a Tiger!!! Jenny

Boofy ( ) posted Tue, 28 November 2006 at 11:55 PM

file_360850.jpg

My pc is still in holiday mode i will try to load the pic again...grrrrrr.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 8:52 AM

The down and dirty on this:

1.  If you can, make a seamless tile out of your picture.  That way, if people want to use it on sometihng large, they can scale it without having unrealistic seam lines.

2.  Take your seamless tile, duplicate it, make the copy a gray scale image and gaussian blur it a little.  This will be your bump map.

3.  Either save it as two images, or save it as a tif with your bump map saved to the alpha channel.

Could be worse, could be raining.

wawadave ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 9:39 AM

i take it you have saved the textures some where in bryce? if so just export them  zip them and follow info below!!!
doing the info in the above post on a second set could be helpful for useing on larger items.

as for putting this up for people to d/l i use downloadtaxi.com
and photobucket for the image.
 [URL=http://www.downloadtaxi.com/]Download Taxi.com - Have Your Downloads Hosted For Free![/URL]
[URL=http://photobucket.com/]Photobucket[/URL]
Then go here to [URL=http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff]Free Stuff[/URL]  and post it in bryce section.

hope this helps!!!

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 29 November 2006 at 7:56 PM

Thanks I will give it a go, wish me luck

wawadave ( ) posted Thu, 30 November 2006 at 9:21 AM

good luck!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.