Thu, Sep 19, 10:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Let's hope reason #8 is implied...

Tguyus ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 7:59 AM

Quote - > Quote - Okey-dokey... here you go:

[....]
happy dotting...

That is very cool and handy, thanks for posting it.

You're welcome.

Tguyus ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 8:08 AM

Quote - OK call me a silly duck (quack) but where did you come up with the source code for the buttons, I know you didn't decide, hmmm I wonder if I put a bracket here, and a couple of periods there, what it would do.

The code for a pose dot is actually just the same as the code in a PZ2 pose file; it's just that the file is given a particular name in the dots subdirectory.  You can "dottify" any pose you want by moving a copy of a given PZ2 to the dots directory and changing the name to match the name used for pose dots in the pose room.

I don't know about any articles or manuals describing code production.  Most of what I learned about file internals I learned from the many Poser wisemen and wisewomen who have hung out in the Poser Technical forum over the years.  Seems like many of them are gone now, though I saw recently that one of the most knowledgable folks of all --englishbob-- is still around.  So is Little Dragon, another incredibly knowledgable and creative expert in this stuff.

Tguyus ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 8:45 AM

Quote - Seems like many of them are gone now, though I saw recently that one of the most knowledgable folks of all --englishbob-- is still around.  So is Little Dragon, another incredibly knowledgable and creative expert in this stuff.

Oops!  How could I overlook lesbentley in my earlier post!?  He is another very knowledgable, still active person when it comes to the technical underpinnings and potential modifications/improvements to the Poser experience.  Sorry Les!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.