Sun, Aug 4, 12:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 6:41 am)

Subject: DITI

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:18 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 1:33 AM

file_361419.jpg

I would like to  keep this image as is, but there is something not quite right.. Be nice to see what you all come up with. The original is first.. then the one I added contrast and a bit of noise reduction.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:20 PM

file_361420.jpg

now  the worked one

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:51 PM

file_361422.jpg

Oh yes, very beautiful picture Doug!!!

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:54 PM

Wow.. that is cool Valou! I never expected this kind of postwork.

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 10:58 PM

file_361423.jpg

WOW, Valou! That's incredible!! This is a great photo, Doug,...This was my feeble attempt...

Manning

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 04 December 2006 at 11:43 PM

file_361427.jpg

That is pretty darn neat Valou. Very innovative. That´s some kind of blizzard you captured there Doug. I couldn´t resist...had to have a go at it. So what i did was bring out some details to the tracks using Shadow/Highlight, i used  selective coloring to boost the blue umbrella and reddish weed over there behind the fence or whatever it is.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Radlafx ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 12:15 AM

Sorry, just had to 😉 Great DITI. Had/have fun :thumupboth:

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 12:48 AM

Just had to do what Dovid? Didn´t you forget to include the pic itself? 😉

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

oldworld ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 9:49 AM

file_361441.jpg

i just blew it all out  :)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 10:27 AM · edited Tue, 05 December 2006 at 10:29 AM

Not over much into post working images myself so I won't, but it is nice to see Vancouver getting a taste of Winnipeg, heh heh heh...sorry Doug, just hadda say that...LOL

EDIT...fine shot by the way....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bentchick ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 10:48 AM

file_361444.jpg

Doug....... this picture is beautiful all by itself, but I love what everyone's done. I like your reworked one too! Love the colors Andreas and Valou put into it!!! So I decided to try a selective color one first and then I will play more with the second one.

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 11:28 AM

file_361447.jpg

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 12:45 PM · edited Tue, 05 December 2006 at 12:48 PM

file_361449.jpg

Since you wanted to keep it "as is" (and it is wonderful) I just tried to enhance what I saw as strengths. I darkened up the snow a bit, lightened the shadows and midrange, tinted it a little with some sepia tone taken from the background, used a blend to fade the treetops a bit and got rid of the logo on the umbrella. Oh, and I took too sharpening passes, one a 1 pixel and another at .5 pixel to bring out the snow more.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

bentchick ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 1:47 PM

file_361453.jpg

I went for a tighter crop and some cloning out on this one. I ran it through several filters and lightening and darkening and difusion, etc, etc, etc!!!!!

Kim Hawkins

Radlafx ( ) posted Tue, 05 December 2006 at 4:47 PM · edited Tue, 05 December 2006 at 4:51 PM

file_361467.jpg

BIG OOOOPPSS :scared: sorry I forgot its < 200KB :m_hide: Ok, here it is aarrg. File size shmile mize oh floogy. Drag gotIt

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 3:54 AM

I am  blown away at how good you all did Totally confused as  what I would like to do now.
The more contrast ones are what I had in mind.
Andreas you did the umbrella  how I tried one.
Valou...you aced another one.
I like kims crop but I kind of wanted the dog.However it makes for another Idea I have.
Dovey got the Christmas spirit  in it.ALways look forward to oldworlds transformations
Mannings is nice for all the snow highlighted.
 See I'm lost now. Thanks people!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gora ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 6:51 AM

file_361545.jpg

Soreeee...Im a bit late on this one (work...hhhpppfff) Anyways...I also really liked the original, so I just tried to enhance where possible, and played a little with the offset.  yada yada....

"If toast
always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what
happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

Steven Wright

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 9:21 AM

file_361550.jpg

Oh, more contrast...went the wrong way I guess. Here's another go.

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 10:05 AM

I actually like the bit of blue tones you have Kort. That makes it look just a bit colder as it was.
I think this image was hard to work with, because it is so easy to lose the subject, because of how much snow  there was in air.
Good on all.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 06 December 2006 at 10:32 AM

The snow only adds to the scene IMHO. The subjects are fine and dandy, but don't really need to be seen in detail or with much clarity in this case.

valcali ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 3:54 PM

file_361751.jpg

I didn't see this thread earlier this week so I'm late getting here.

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be...
And you help them to become what they are capable of being.
                                                                ~Goethe~
R.I.G.H.T.S.

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 6:35 PM

file_361782.jpg

Well this didn't turn out just like I had envisioned but... I thought I'd post it anyway :blink:

Manning

bentchick ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:44 PM

Cool idea!!!! I like it!!!

Kim Hawkins

Zacko ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:51 PM

Oh Manning. That is just brilliant!!!! :blink: CLEVER MAN!!!!!!!!

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.