Tue, Oct 1, 10:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: props for poser

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 10:22 PM · edited Fri, 23 August 2024 at 3:38 PM
Site Admin

I'm using 3ds max 9's demo to make some props for poser 6. I exported the object from 'max and inported it to poser and portions of it are missing and another in the wrong spot. Imagine a table with 2 legs gone and a third not attached to the table top. Everything looked fine in 'max. I used the 3ds format and the default options for both export and import. Are there certain settings I should use? Some trick? A tutorial to read somewhere? I'm still a newbee in poser and this was my first creation with 3sd max. Does another format work better?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:02 PM

Use Wavefront OBJ (hint: it's better) if available.  Portions missing sounds like inverted polygon normals - fix them in 3DS before export!  3DS versus just about every other 3D software in the universe has a different notion of 'what's up'.  You'll typically find your 3DS objects rotated 90d from what they were in 3DS - this needs to be corrected (I think with an X rotation).  Having never-ever used 3DS format for import into Poser, I donot rightfully know if Poser auto-corrects the coordinate system rotation for you.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 08 December 2006 at 11:08 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=613542&highlight=transforms#613542

> Quote - I'm using 3ds max 9's demo to make some props for poser 6. I exported the object from 'max and inported it to poser and portions of it are missing and another in the wrong spot. Imagine a table with 2 legs gone and a third not attached to the table top. Everything looked fine in 'max. I used the 3ds format and the default options for both export and import. Are there certain settings I should use? Some trick? A tutorial to read somewhere? I'm still a newbee in poser and this was my first creation with 3sd max. Does another format work better?

This sounds like a common problem, you need to "Reset Transforms" before exporting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.