Wed, Oct 2, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Another V4 ?

majesticartist ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 9:15 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 2:38 AM

uhmmmm........how do you "unhide" the inj channels?!?!
TIA
Nancy

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 9:26 AM

Somebody posted a Python script to unhide V4's hidden dials.  It's in the "V4 morph options disappointing" thread.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 10:55 AM

But it doesn't unhide the INJ channels - I know, my partner and I tried it.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 11:45 AM

The INJ channels don't need to be unhidden until you inject something into them.
The unhidding is part of the INJ pose that injects the morph data into the channel.

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 11:49 AM

file_361973.jpeg

majesticartist, just click on the + sign. V4's morphs are built in so there aren't any morphs in the morph injection channels yet. I assume they will be used in upcoming morph sets. Coldrake

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 11:57 AM

Gotta love IPB!  As a character builder, I love the fact that I have already made a V4 link library file in IPB and that IPB reads all the deltas even though the INJ channels are hidden!  My partner and I are already working on a V4 character.  He generally does the morphing and I do the textures but I can make my own characters, as well.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 10 December 2006 at 12:25 PM

It's really no big thing.  Hiding/unhiding channels is just a keyword flag (hidden 0|1).  This has no bearing on whether the targetGeom channel can contain or be filled with morph deltas.  The thing about INJ channels is that it uses the readScript keyword to fill the morph deltas and unhide the channel/dial from separate pose files.  IPB just need read the delta set from the separate file and can safely ignore whether or not the channel is hidden or not in the other (and always just set it to be not hidden in the app).

In other words, nothing amazing.  It just seems amazing since Poser, as usual, provides none of the editing functionality that would let you do this as in these third-party solutions.  I'd really like to see Poser step up and have the ability to edit things like master-slave connections and dial visibility.  They can add a super-cool and powerful shader node system, but not a simple master-slave editor?  Very odd.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.