Tue, Oct 1, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: I'm an idiot (but you know that already)

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 8:45 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 7:17 AM

I would like to extend my apologies to the forum readers in general and any readers who might be associated to DAZ Productions:  I have lately said some very nasty and stupid and inaccurate things about the morph package that is being sold for V4 (namely, that it was called "Full Morphs++", which is not true and never was).  I deeply regret this mistake and the things I've said while under that misapprehension.  Victoria 4 is a fabulous Poser figure and I am grateful for the fine craftsmanship and effort that has gone into her production.  I would recommend V4 to anyone starting out, just a fine product that I am proud to have bought from DAZ.  I am sending a copy of this to DAZ's Dan Farr (not that he is likely to be impressed, but that's what I'm doing.)

Thanks, that's it.

My Freebies

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 8:49 AM

Can I hide behind you while being flogged?!!

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 8:51 AM

I'll take all the lashes, it's okay, I was raised Catholic.

My Freebies

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 11:11 AM

Actually Dan is a really great guy, and he probably WILL be impressed. it's the rest of the machine under him that has some broken cogs.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

chinnei ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 11:30 AM

Alright, I'll bite.
It's just my opinion but I have no issues with people complaining about the product they bought and are discontent with it for whatever reason.  They spent their money and it's their right to feel whether they are satisfied with it or not.  No one's forcing anyone that they have to be happy with it or else.
With that said, what I find, and many others that have already expressed in other thread, is that I see alot of impulse buying whenever a new product is introduced.  It's not just V4. I've seen it with previous released figures, the contents, and many other 3D programs.  I don't know if it's because of the hype, the need, or whatever it is, I see so many people just throwing their money around at these new releases as if it's the best thing ever.  Again, this is not my problem, it's your money and you can do whatever you want with it.  But what bothers me is the consequences thst results from this that rest of us have to deal with.  And this isn't really directed at this forum only.  I see alot of knee jerk reactions, especially at DAZ forum, from those of who either, failed to read what exactly they were buying, expecting everything to be perfect out of the box, or just upset about everything about the world, okay maybe not the last one.  
It's all just common sense.  No one's forcing anybody to buy these stuff.  It really shouldn't hurt anyone to be little patient and wait for the dust to settle before jumping on to the checkout.  Sit back and read the reviews.  Enjoy and preview the renders by others who are so kind enough show off what they bought.  Do some research on your own to see if the product is below the standards.  And if it is indeed below the standard, then what better way to send them the message than hitting them where it hurts, their pocket.  Just be a responsible shopper, that's all.
My post isn't directed at anyone in specific, more like a random rant actually.  And in fact, I want to thank those of who took their time to provide in-depth and comprehensive reviews of V4, and they know who they are.  It really helps alot when I am trying to decide whether I should fork over my hard earned dollars over a simple hobby.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 12:21 PM

Please don't group me with kneejerk reaction types - my posts were calm, calculated, intended to persuade, and based on entirely false information.  I started from wrong information that I failed to check, acted in bad faith, and badmouthed a company and product that did not deserve it.  V4 is a very, very good figure and I do not regret my purchase one bit.  My regret is being stupid and promulgating false information.  That's all me, not some other people you're talking about.  I appreciate your point, and it's a good point, but let me make take responsibility for my own words.  Thanks.

My Freebies

chinnei ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 1:05 PM

Quote - Please don't group me with kneejerk reaction types

Oh, no.  My post wasn't directed at you for being those types.  It was that you shouldn't call yourself idiot for having an opinion.  If you thought that V4 was subpar, even if you later changed your mind, you still are not idiot for thinking that way.  Please, give yourself more credit than that.  Don't anybody tell you how you should be happy or not.
As a matter of fact, you were one of those who I meant when I said I wanted to thank those who provided renders and reviews of V4.  You actually convinced me on my decision to buy V4 with your renders of GND2 like figure. 

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 1:30 PM

No sweat, I've just got a lot of crow to eat and I want to make sure I eat all of it, my mom taught me never to waste food.  :/

I am glad you're happy with V4.  Wait until you get to posing her hands, it's really incredible how realistic the webbing between thumb and hand is, and things like that.  Good luck with her.

My Freebies

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 2:21 PM

But honestly, posts like yours pjz99, help us decide on whether to sit back and wait or to investigate more.  Actually, I am thankful to hear others views, (even if you had to eat a little crow), it made me read more.  Don't feel so bad, your words and any anxiousness does help others, it makes us pay attention more.  Sharen

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 2:38 PM

Where did it say in the TOS that to have a negative opinion of something you have to be an idiot? I think you'll find almost everyone will admire you for having the courage to own up to a mistake & putting it right. I say almost because there's always at least one awkward cuss about the place ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

jpiazzo ( ) posted Mon, 11 December 2006 at 7:29 PM

If our politicians were so humble....

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 3:59 AM

I got a response back from Dan Farr and he was kind in his reply.  I really regret shooting my mouth off without checking my facts.  That's something I've worked on to imrpove for many years and I did it again anyway.  hangs head

Thanks to the good people at DAZ for this fine, fine figure.

My Freebies

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:14 AM

or you can just take the long view. Things I'd wanted, but finally became free; V3/M3/A3/Hiro, P5, etc. All good things come to those who wait. I'm sure in a year, or 2, V4 will be free too (well, the base version..;) Until then, I can practice giving V3 realistic eyelashes and brows (mebbe I'll figure it out by then)

Pakled- the Professional Idiot..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jenay ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 9:54 AM

oh - I can wait. one day - maybe - I'll switch over to V4.
I've collected so much stuff for V3 - even purchased items - that I've never
used so far. when I am browsing through my archived CDs there is so much I intended
to use - and forgot about. I think I'll have much fun playing with V3 the
next months. and I didn't manage yet to install the free Poser5 version.
that's the next step (after installing a new HD first ...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.