Mon, Sep 9, 5:08 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: V4 Pricing?

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:09 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 2:02 AM

With their usual deftness, Daz has managed to make the pricing of V4 a puzzle. When I go to the site, it tells me the V4 Pro is $69 (those arch boys), 30% off. Does that mean if I join PC for a couple of days, it will be ANOTHER 30% off (about $48)? Since she will be costing me $29+, it matters. If there is not also a PC discount, my cost is $77....

And no, I'm not interested in all the other neato stuff I can get "for free." Nothing is free, and that's a personal premise.

M

Klutz ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:27 AM

Well I costed it all out......
The likelihood that I would get value for PC membership, given that I wouldn't buy much else from there on a regular basis was slim so I took the pro bundle but passed on the PC membership.

With the £ / $ rate so good for me I feel I got very good value actually!

Klutz  🆒

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 9:28 AM

Quote -
Does that mean if I join PC for a couple of days, it will be ANOTHER 30% off (about $48)?

Yes.  Because it's listed as a DAZ original, the package qualifies for the Platinum Club discount, on top of the sale price.

Cheers ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 1:14 PM

...and don't forget the 5$ monthly voucher you'll get on joining PC...so knock another $5 off the $48.

Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

ggrace ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 2:53 PM

Yeah now it's free to PC members.  I think V4 is just a gimick to get more PC members which is where they make the real money with a captive audience.

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2006 at 7:47 PM

The free V4 is like a free car with no motor, windows, or steering wheel. Most of us know that, having learned it the hard way with the "Base" versions of other Millenium figures. So getting V4 "free" for $29 is pretty meaningless. What I'm weighing is the "Complete" package, at ($69*.7) + $29.  There are probably enough PC items for $1.99 to make $77 (what it works out to) a worthwhile deal. But V4 is only $21 if you aren't a PC member, so it makes no sense. What else is new in Poserland? Sigh.

M

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.