Mon, Sep 16, 12:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 12:03 am)

Subject: Vicki and the roadster

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:04 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:05 PM

file_362353.jpg

Finally managed to get P7 set up to do some complex scenes. This took a couple of hours to render.

Athlon Fx60, 2 Gig Ram.

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:06 PM

file_362355.jpg

Closer in

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 2:07 PM

file_362356.jpg

And a face render

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 5:26 PM

i know its sad but can you show us some more shots of the car please

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 13 December 2006 at 7:37 PM

file_362401.jpg

Two hours!?! I'd hardly call that a "complex" scene, in fact with only one figure in it I'd call it simple. Is that the original render size? Because if it was, you are either using some terribly wasteful settings, or P7 sucks.

By way of comparison, here is a recent Poser <- 6 -> render of mine that has similar elements; a woman, a car, a dress, and a very high res 360 degree photo applied to a sphere to form the background. My PC has only 1 Gig of RAM and is 5 years old. This render took less than 10 minutes.

What the heck were your settings?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 9:56 AM

The Aston Martin is a very high-res mesh, apparently.

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 14 December 2006 at 10:10 AM

file_362441.jpg

My settings were simply the standard firefly 'final' render settings at the resolution the image is. The roadster is a highly detailed model (in fact incredibly detailed, have a look at the material settings), and using a reflective material on the body work doesn't help when rendering at 'final' settings.

This image (without the reflective material) was much quicker (more like a few minutes)

obm890 ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 11:50 AM

file_362779.jpg

> Quote - Two hours!?! I'd hardly call that a "complex" scene, in fact with only one figure in it I'd call it simple.

Once that car model is in a scene, it's no longer a simple scene. In the attached image the selected portions of the car model (brake calipers, taillights, badge, inside doorhandles etc) have more polys in them than FIVE V2 figures. The obj file is 84 megs. For a prop, unbelievable.

EF were clearly asleep at the wheel on this one, including such a badly modelled car was not a smart way to show how well P7 performs. More a case of "Wanna see P7 brought to its knees?"

Let's see, should I buy a much bigger, faster computer? Or should I just delete the car? Tough decision... what to do? What to do?

modus0 ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 1:01 PM

I've used the car in one render, and I loaded it into the scene after V4 and her clothing, but before Sydney and her clothing.

Just having the car in the scene caused Poser to slow down, and that was well before I rendered.

I'm not going to use that car again unless I'm trying to waste hours and have nothing better to render.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 7:48 PM

Wow that's sounds so bogus about the car polys. That's too bad, because it sure looks good in these renders you posted tbird.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.