Sun, Aug 4, 3:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 6:41 am)

Subject: Northwest Coast Storms

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:44 AM · edited Mon, 20 May 2024 at 6:45 PM

file_362636.jpg

This last week has been terrible for winds and power outages. I hope all the members from BC to Oregon  have come out unscathed. It has also been discouraging to go out and take photos in this weather too. Sigh...   From 2:30 am until late this afternoon  my house was without electricity and  it is very widespread. Got any photos of your region? Today across the street from my bro in laws it looked like this.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:45 AM

file_362637.jpg

this is the street

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 5:01 AM

Wowww, impressiv !!! well, i need to go make some photo today but i have only sun sn sun sun sun sun and sun...:lol:
I hope to have snow this year, but Seville don't know that since 1953's...
Good Day Doug and take care mljt

nongo ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:18 PM

file_362695.jpg

trees down all over... the island is without power... over a million homes without power in Seattle area too. My nephew had 3 trees come down on his car!! A honda civic now a flat pancake!!!

nongo ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:20 PM

file_362696.jpg

powerlines supporting trees???

nongo ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:22 PM

file_362697.jpg

Driftwood all across the roads, we had an extremely high tide as well as 100 mph winds...

nongo ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 12:27 PM

file_362698.jpg

roads closed everywhere, you can also see the tsunami warning sign... sorry the quality of these photos, it was hard to even drive in this crazy storm...

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 1:01 PM

Wowww nongo, your picture is so impressiv. I hope never to know this situation...

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 16 December 2006 at 11:51 PM

WoW Akemi...you guys / girls had some weather !!  Hope not much damage.....except flat honda!....and out of lights!

seeya  Tunde

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 17 December 2006 at 2:31 AM

Wow Akemi... that is scary knowing you are driving under power poles that could come down any time. I think the 2 states were hit harder than here, We only had about 150 000 people without power.Still I do not think this city is ready for  any bigger disasters though.
 It sure isn't like those hurricanes  they had in southern USA, but still pretty terrible.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 18 December 2006 at 9:35 AM

Some serious weather there, didn't hear about it yet. Yikes. Glad you made it through okay, sorry to hear about your nephew's poor Civic Akemi. :(

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.