Mon, Sep 23, 9:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: vue- Poser

coyote255 ( ) posted Tue, 19 December 2006 at 7:56 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 5:18 PM

A friend is let me play with his vue to see how i like it. Stupid question of the day:: is there a way i can use vue work in poser  is it possible to convert it to another 3d format

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 12:32 AM

...my experience with exporting stuff from Vue has not met with really god results... the best way is to use Vue is as a background in Poser- sort of like the DAZ Cyclorama (or "Environment" I think it's called now)...in fact some people have made their Vue renders INTO a DAZ Cyclo so that you even have a grassy foreground, etc... there is even a DAZ cyclo version that has places to put ALPHA plants and trees (which you can make in Vue and export)... OR...you can BUY such Alpha plants from DAZ and/or XFrog, which can be used in your cyclorama foreground...

...LOTS of creative ways to use stuff from Vue in Poser...    HOWEVER....

...You should just consider doing it ALL in Vue - as Vue exceeds Poser for doing outdoor scenes-- and with much better Radiosity and HDRI features- Vue is even better for STUDIO work as well--- I have NO PLANS to buy Poser 7 as Vue KICKS Poser 7's butt in nearly every department!

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 3:18 AM · edited Wed, 20 December 2006 at 3:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1338683

I've used Poser for about 4 years, since version 5, I've used Vue from Version 5 also. I have the DAZ environment that Veritas has talked about and now I'll get to the point [lol].

Create your scene or characters in Poser and export to vue, not the other way around!
Why???

Just as Veritas says, the lighting in Vue, especially version 6 far exceeds anything you can do inside Poser and that includes P7.

All my outdoor scenes for Poser are now done in Vue, I never use the DAZ environment for that now because Vue gives me better results especially in the lighting, that said, I'm starting to move some of my indoor scenes to Vue as well because the lighting is better, check out my image here, this was set up in Poser but rendered within Vue with Vue lighting, I could never achieve this as good in Poser, some might but I couldn't!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 7:33 AM

thefixer - Just checked out your pic, really good light work there. 
I agree about Vue, so much better for rendering with proper light work than Poser. There's alot I need to experiment with Vue, but as of yet it's the way to go. I still use Poser as well though, for character creation & posing.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 7:41 AM

Stormchaser: Thanx, I still use Poser too but mainly for setting up the scene these days and then into Vue for lighting and rendering although sometimes the Vue renderer can take a real long time!!  [LOL].

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 7:44 AM

I agree about some renders taking a long time, but I see it this way, it's totally worth it!!

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 8:45 PM

...need some good reasons why Vue 5 and Vue 6 are much better Poser rendering software than Poser 6 or 7?

A question by **carodan **over in the RDNA forum:

"..HDRI in P7 - anyone used it to any effect yet? ...cos I'm having real difficulty setting them up. Seems to me they don't really offer much more control over lighting than using jpegs.
Maybe I'm missing something(?). Not much of use in the manual."

**bagginsbill
**"You're not missing something. Just as there are diffuse and specular effects in an infinite light or spot light or point light, there should be diffuse and specular effects in image based lighting (IBL). But as far as I know, Poser 6 and 7 only implement the diffuse part of IBL. Other apps do both. The diffuse contribution is not significantly affected by more dynamic range. So the addition of the HDR image feature was pointless as far as I can tell.

The high dynamic range is most important for reflections. Consider a poorly polished sphere, with a reflectivity of .01. Its noticeable reflections are only going to be of hot spots, truly bright regions of the sky. Consider a spot in the sky that at a normal exposure produces a numerical brightness value of 200. The reflection of that in the sphere is only going to be 2. If your IBL image can only go to 255, then the specular reflection only goes to 2.55, which is hardly noticeable. But if there is a hot spot, say near or at the sun itself, then the numerical value should be like 15000, and the reflection would be 150, which is very noticeable. Given an exposure setting that accurately records the ground-based scenery, the sky goes way over 255 and just doesn't get recorded. So HDR images were invented to record this extra info that we see in reflections, but do not see directly, because in a photo or CG image there's nothing whiter than white, if you know what I mean.

A high dynamic range image can record all of it. But it's not relevant if you don't calculate specular reflections from that image, because that's where the hot spot matters. It effects the diffuse too, somewhat, but far less.

So don't waste your time. I don't know why EF even bothered with the HDRI feature if they weren't going to do specular IBL. "

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.