Thu, Sep 19, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce Maladies

frogdot ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 7:25 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

I've decided to post these as a public service, so that you can better understand those unnamed problems you get when Brycing. If you can think of others, please post them.

Anti-Alias Anxiety (or AAA)- symptoms: the sudden sagging of the shoulders and a painful grimace, sometimes followed by a slap on the forehead.
description: When you've been rendering all day and are about to go to bed. You check the progress and see the anti-aliasing at 51%. In the morning, you wake the computer up just as the anti-aliasing goes from 52% to 53%.

Excessive Freebieitis- symptoms: a certain rumble in the stomach, with a tinge of guilt.
description: When you've amassed several discs, or a massive folder on your Hard Drive of free stuff items and you come to the realization that you will never actually used any of it.

ErrorTerrortosis- symptoms: the impressions of keyboard keys appear on forehead from rapid and repeated contact between your face and the desktop. Can also produce the occasional broken mouse.
description: You've worked for hours on a scene and decide to save the file right after you move a certain object form here to there, when suddenly you get an error, saying Bryce has crashed.

Post-Postedimagectomy- symptoms: Minor sensation of stupidity.
description: You've finished the postwork on your latest image and proudly post it online. After you return to read any comments, you see a tree that's hovering off the ground, a mesh that you forgot to smooth, or something obvious that you should have caught prior to making a fool of yourself. Anxiety can develop when deciding whether to delete and correct the image, or just leave it.

Negative Threadophenia- symptom: Alternating depression and anger.
description: Severe angst, brought on by the accumulation of negativity in reading and writing all the complaints about the newest version of Bryce.

Flak ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 8:02 PM · edited Wed, 20 December 2006 at 8:04 PM

Menubaropia - In older (read "more experienced") patients, its caused from staring at the B6 menu bar for ages wondering when the silly thing is going to go and hide so you can get the other 40 pixels of your work area back. In days gone by, it used to be prevalent in younger (read "newer") patients  and was caused by staring at the interface wondering where the menu bar had gone and how to exit without needing the "cntrl" "alt" and "del" keys..

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 8:18 PM

These are true, both posts. Sad, but true.....

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 10:02 PM

Repetitive compulsive pixelfixationism-- symptoms, inability to recognize and perform common functions that are done easily by uneffect individuals.  Inflicted persons find it impossible to do things necessary to support life functions due to a compulsive need to stare repeatedly at a small line on a computer screen wondering when it will move downward one more pixel.

aprilgem ( ) posted Wed, 20 December 2006 at 10:46 PM

Hm. And is there anything you can take to alleviate these problems?

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 1:22 AM

Perfectionitis: 4 months after starting your SOW you still haven't found the correct colour setting for the shade of blue you want the sphere. The sun is 2 scanlines too high. The water doesn't refract enough to dapple the sphere surface correctly. The wave height is..... You know what I mean. 

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 5:05 AM
Forum Moderator

Puristitis - Symptoms = constant muttering and cursing and fluffing up the pillows on the comfy chair.
Causes = Seeing what others have done in non-Bryce apps and wondering how you're gonna do that in Bryce.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Cyba_Storm ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 6:52 AM

Brysteritis. Symptoms. Sneeking into the forum at ungodly hours to post. An aversion to throw pillows and comfy chairs.
Cause. Knowing that BRYCE isn't spelt W.I.N.G.S.3.D.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 7:16 AM

oooooooooo..I resemble that. Even modeled a Comfy Chair. In Wings..;)

matasia- the overpowering urge to download, use, and manipulate thousands of mats, and still not look as good as UVMapping.

Dermal Coordinate Deficit syndrome- trying to UVMap. Just trying. Getting it to fit.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

vangogh ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 12:10 PM

What-you-see-is-not-what-you-get-myopia Description - Spending lots of time in the materials lab trying to tweek a mat to get just the right look. When finally after much pain and sorrow and grinding of teeth you think you have it nailed just right and exit the material lab returning to the scene window, do a quick render, and find that the texture looks nothing like what you slaved and sweated for in the mat lab.

erosiaart ( ) posted Thu, 21 December 2006 at 8:00 PM

lol..

who-cares- over-and dun-with-it :
when you started off with an idea in your mind, and frustration with bryce has you so mad, that you leave the render half way, call it something and post it up in hopes no one thinks it's a half done image and that you wanted it that way!

ManOfSteel ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 12:57 AM

Compulsive Undo Disorder - a condition wherein the afflicted person's first reaction to an undesired event  is to click "undo" wherever they are, regardless of whether they are working on a computer at that moment or not. Symptoms include reaching for a mouse at the dinner table when a beverage is spilled, or "tapping" the air with the index finger of the right hand several  times, accompanied by a sudden "sweeping" search of the eyes until the person realizes that the object they dropped, or the event, is not part of a 3D computer graphics program.
Telltale signs also include tapping the air after a roll of dice, after adding spices during the preparation of food, or changing the arrangement of furniture.
Studies at the University of California Medical Center at San Francisco and Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland indicate that persons with a previous history of Compulsive Rewind Disorder are at an 85% greater risk of developing Compulsive Undo Disorder than the general public.

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 1:39 AM

Mandibular droopsey: Condition highlighted by large bulging eyes in stoic perpetual stare and uncontrollable jaw dropping.

Description: When you suddenly discover that after many long hours of conjuring, compositing, positioning, uvmapping and rendering you’ve lost your entire scene for lack of saving. Sufferers are often afflicted with strong compulsion for self-deprecation associated with suicidal tendencies.

tjohn ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 1:55 AM

Brycilosis: A viral infection of the creative half of the human brain caused by prolonged exposure to 3D software. Primary symptom is a tendency to sit for long periods staring at a slowly moving rasterline.
No known cure.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.