Thu, Sep 19, 8:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Help requested with OBJ files and OBJ2CR2

bluecity ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 2:27 PM · edited Sat, 17 August 2024 at 11:37 PM

file_363370.jpg

Sorry if this is a total noob problem, but I've been trying to create some new clothing with the OBJ2CR2 script, but I keep running into the same problem (this seems to be a Poser deal more then anything else):

When I import an OBJ file from an existing item of clothing into Poser, the scaling is way off (it's either too big or too small) and the position is wrong (to high or too low relative to the figure). This basically makes the item useless for OBJ2CR2 as it must fit when the figure is "zeroed". I know you can adjust the scale percentage and offset on the import of the OBJ file, but this is basically trial and error; is there anyway to preserve the original scaling and position of the OBJ file from when it was a CR2? I've looked all over, but I can't seem to find any information on how to do this, so any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

(I posted this message at PhilC's forum as well)

The attached screenshot show what I'm talking about....after exporting the CR2 to OBJ, then reimporting the OBJ, the scale and the position of the item (in this case, the black V3 catsuit), is wrong relative to the figure.

kirwyn ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 2:44 PM

When importing the OBJ file, a box pops up called the "Prop Import Options".  Try unchecking "Centered" and "Percent of Standard Size". 

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 2:51 PM

What you need to do is to import it, scale and position it and then EXPORT it again with ALL checboxes unchecked.

Then import that new obj again with everything unchecked and it's the right size and right position :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

bluecity ( ) posted Fri, 22 December 2006 at 2:59 PM

That worked! Thanks TrekkieGrrl! I was about to lose my remaining sanity over this (not that there was much left anyway...)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.