Mon, Oct 21, 10:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Asian swords?

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 5:24 PM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 8:02 PM

Here's a challenge for you download sleuths. I have a zip called Asianweapons.zip which contains 30 weapon props, all of them fascinating. File data stamp: 5/26/03. Unfortunately all it contains is 30 pp2 files. No objs for them, no RSRs, no textures. I unzipped it today and for my trouble all I got was a string of "can't find..." messages. Is there a whole one of this somewhere?

akura_ ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 6:40 PM

Is it a freebe that you downloaded them and where you get them?

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 7:29 PM

hmm...I remember about 4 years ago there was a bunch of pole arms in a freebie package. Don't remember who made them, but it was about every sharp object you could put on a pole..;) hope that's a start.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 24 December 2006 at 9:21 PM

Quote - Here's a challenge for you download sleuths. I have a zip called Asianweapons.zip which contains 30 weapon props, all of them fascinating. File data stamp: 5/26/03. Unfortunately all it contains is 30 pp2 files. No objs for them, no RSRs, no textures. I unzipped it today and for my trouble all I got was a string of "can't find..." messages. Is there a whole one of this somewhere?

No thumbnails?

Types of weapons?

How about the names of some of the .pp2 files? 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mickmca ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 5:22 AM

Quote - Is it a freebe that you downloaded them and where you get them?

:) If I knew that, I wouldn't have asked.... I'm pretty sure they were a freebie. There's not even a readme in the zip; pretty thin for a vendor product.

Arcadia:
Katana, Lajatang, Mancatcher, Bolo, Chinese Butterfly Sword, plus 25 others. And I found a clue. The pp2's say the non-existent objs  are supposed to be in "Dodgerprops."  Now why can't I remember getting this from some morph of Dodger? A few of them appear to have their geometry in the pp2, but most do not.

M

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 7:37 AM

Ok, Dodger is at Poser Pros.  He posts here as   XFX3d.

Back in June for a day or so he opened his membership only items to the public for download. It's possible that you may have gotten the weapons from there as that is the only Dodger that I know of in the Poser community.

His site is:  http://www.xfx3d.net/

I get a "problem loading page" error, but that could just be at my end because it happens with a few sites at times for me.

You can try PM'ing or emailing him through here or through Poser Pros.

Hope that helps.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RedHawk ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 7:54 AM

Quote -
His site is:  http://www.xfx3d.net/

I get a "problem loading page" error, but that could just be at my end because it happens with a few sites at times for me.

I can't get to his site right now, either....
so it's probably not at your end...

<-insert words of wisdom here->

mickmca ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 8:47 AM

Usually the date stamp on the file is the download date, so I don't think I got it during the looting of Dodger's site.  I think early 2003 may be back in his DAZ days, but I don't think it came from there either. I'll take a look at PoserPros, but it "feels" like a R'osity Free stuff item, and Dodger was cycling through incognitos by then. Very puzzling.

M

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 25 December 2006 at 12:09 PM

that's where I saw it. There were several collections; pole arms, swords, and light sabres (still haven't found a use for the bong sabre, but I've got it..;)  If you have the address of Dodger, maybe he can help.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.