Tue, Oct 1, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Woot :D

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:08 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 11:08 PM
kimber89 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:17 PM

Ummm, what exactly does that mean?

Peelo ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:19 PM

That's a crapload of memory if I'm reading it right.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:28 PM

It's just a bit of exuberance, I'm tentatively done assembling my new box.  Quite pleased.  The 4 separate blocks on "CPU" are likely caused by the 4 little cores in my spiffy little processor.  And yeah, that Physical Memory Total does seem to be quite large.

My Freebies

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:28 PM

it's part of Task Manager. In Windows OS's, it comes up when you hit CTRL+ALT+DEL.  It's a representation of memory and processor usage over time.  And it is a crapload of memory..;) Of course, without seeing what the processes and programs running are (presumably Poser..;), it could just be Lounge Lizard Larry runnin' there..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

wyrwulf ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:30 PM

Looks like two dual core processors and 8 gig of ram. Warp factor 9, Mister Scott.:ohmy:

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:31 PM · edited Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:31 PM

Hadn't got Poser 7 installed yet, I goofed and didn't save a plaintext copy of my P7 serial number (it's stuck in an Outlook PST file)
But with enough hammers and chisels I will beat this thing into submission!

edit:  1 processor, 4 cores :biggrin:

My Freebies

kimber89 ( ) posted Tue, 26 December 2006 at 11:38 PM

*Looks at her own pitiful memory and thinks "It's almost tax time, it's almost tax time" * :lol:

Peelo ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 12:12 AM

Okay..That's not a computer it's a beast! You know you gotta keep an eye on that thing... If you don't it might go all skynet on you.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

mylemonblue ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 3:32 AM

Nice. A home Cray.  :D

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 4:20 AM

envies liek whoa

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 5:10 AM

Lately I've been contemplating the purchase of a motherboard that'll theoretically accept up to 32GB of memory, but I don't think 8GB DIMMs are available yet.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 8:02 AM

I had some trouble coming up with 2GB x 4 DIMMs I could get my hands on, and I wasn't entirely sure this would work because ASUS is pretty closed-mouthed about 2GB DIMMs, but these worked (G.skill DDR2 800).

Good news is Poser 7 likes the new hardware and Windows XP 64-bit very much, it's actually MORE stable on XP64 than it was on the OS that it was written for!

Bad news (so far) is Hexagon patch 2.1 will not install.

My Freebies

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 11:28 AM

I just got a DVD burner for Xmas, USB, now I find out I have no USB2.0 (needed for it to work). Sigh, off to the computer store...;) it's always something.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 1:25 PM

Got Poser 7 cooking and all my data and content moved over - I am surprised, it's quite a bit more stable under XP64 than it was under XP32.  Final quality render of my latest gallery upload took twelve minutes whereas it would have taken many, many hours on the previous box!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1353007

link goes to fetishy nudity goodness

My Freebies

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 2:20 PM · edited Wed, 27 December 2006 at 2:23 PM

Lessee here...

2 x 2xCore, 8Gb and Poser 7 preinstalled with content.

You live where again? :sneaky:

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 2:23 PM

Right now, in Geek Heaven, population 1.

My Freebies

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 2:26 PM

:b_grin:

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

hoppersan2000 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 5:34 PM

file_363802.jpg

Sorry all, but I do love a good game of one-up-manship.  A glimpse into to HAL-9000 that I got myself for Xmas.  Cheers.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 6:11 PM

you are cruel.
geeking whilst the rest of us are dorking.

i'm going to keep my sled for a while and just upgrade my video card to the x1950 pro agp, this should last for at least a year.
asus p4p800 deluxe
p4 2.6 oc'ed to 3.0
2 gb ram corsair

i can still do multiple programs all at once, the only way to fly.
still, that pic you posted is cruel. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 7:12 PM

Quote - Sorry all, but I do love a good game of one-up-manship.  A glimpse into to HAL-9000 that I got myself for Xmas.  Cheers.

Nothing to be sorry about :) Nice machine, it's pretty damn hard to shoehorn 16GB onto one board (I should know).

My Freebies

mylemonblue ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 7:26 PM

Soooo has NASA called you guys yet? Lawrence Livermore? :P

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 27 December 2006 at 8:43 PM

Don't worry, in a few months you'll be able to buy this stuff at half the price anyway (once you buy, NEVER LOOK AT PRICES AGAIN until you're ready to buy again)

My Freebies

hoppersan2000 ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 2:08 AM

PJZ,

Just to add salt to the wound, I still have 8 available slots ;P  Folks,  If ya gonna lay down hard earned cash, do as I did, go refurfished, saved %50 off of retail and still got same day replacement for parts for 3 years.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 2:16 AM

Well, what exactly did you buy that was refurbished and accepts up to 32GB of memory?

My Freebies

hoppersan2000 ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 9:26 AM

Got a Dell Precision 690.  If anyone is really interested, just go to Dell's main site and do a search for refurbished.  They have some excellent deals.

skeetshooter ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 1:02 PM

VERY nice machine indeed, especially hand-built. But quad core 3.0 GHz dual and 16 GB of RAM is an "easy" off-the-shelf purchase for Mac users (for a rich $9,000 -- $5,600 of it for the extra RAM). And get this - with the addition of Boot Camp and a Windows OS, you can run Poser 7 for Windows and your other Windows 3D apps on it, too! Now that Poser 7 is fully adapted to the new Mac OS and Mac-Intel machines, we of the long-suffering Poser Mac Nation may at last have parity with, if not temporary hegemony over, the Poser PC majority. Hazzahhhhhh!

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 5:05 PM

Quote - Sorry all, but I do love a good game of one-up-manship.  A glimpse into to HAL-9000 that I got myself for Xmas.  Cheers.

...and YOU live where?

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 5:39 AM

Quote - > Quote - Sorry all, but I do love a good game of one-up-manship.  A glimpse into to HAL-9000 that I got myself for Xmas.  Cheers.

...and YOU live where?

:lol:

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:20 AM

Just placed an order for that motherboard I'd mentioned earlier, plus an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, a new hard drive, PCIe video card, case, and power supply.

Some* assembly required.  With any luck, I'll be putting together my new system by next weekend.  Should be interesting to see how much faster Oblivion will run on the thing.

• Some, meaning, all.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 6:55 AM

That's really a funny pattern, I got into Poser and modeling because I was hooked on Oblivion, seems to be a weird common denominator :)

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.