Tue, Oct 22, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Making hair prop stick to head in Poser 7

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 8:27 PM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 5:20 PM

Hello,

Running Poser 7 using V4 with the JoJo character.  I have added the History Hair to her using the fitting update provided by 3Dream.  The fit works great.  (Hair makes SUCH a difference)  But I find that when I animate the head, the hair doesn't move.  I have tried parenting it to her head but no luck.  Any ideas??  Me doing something wrong??

Thanks for your help!!

Nebula

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 8:40 PM

I haven't had that experience with 3dream hair, the ones I have behave pretty well for me (Agent, Egypt and Future hairs).  Under what circumstances does the hair come off?  When you manually pose the character, or when you apply a preset pose?  All preset poses, or only some?  Which ones?

My Freebies

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 8:51 PM

pjz99,

Thanks!

If I place her and pose her.  Then I add the hair and it fits for V3 (a little low and small).  I then go and apply the V4 preset from 3Dream and the hair adjusts as desired.  No if I go and apply a new pose, the hair will reset to V3.  It follows the pose but is just offset.  It can be readjusted by applying the V4 preset.

Now if I go and animate her head, it's as tho the hair is locked in place.  Her head moves around under the hair but the hair itself doesn't move.

I've tried parenting it to the Body and the Head with not luck.  Inheirit selected or not makes no difference either.

Any help would be much appricated!  Thanks for the reply!

Nebula

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 9:38 PM

I suspect you're applying a V3 pose to V4 and you're just going to have issues like this (see Estherau's similer thread).

My Freebies

ccotwist3D ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 9:05 AM

Memorize element, and lock object work for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.