Mon, Sep 9, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser 7 has P6 render artifact problem..... WHY????

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 7:26 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 12:06 AM

file_364093.jpg

OK some of you may be able to answer this question, How do you solve the artifact problem as in my image, i have tried increasing the shadow min bias to 1.5 on the only light with shadows on, and still no fix. Surely EF should have fixed this in P7????? they had P6 for 2Years, what on earth were they doing???? I wouldnt have minded so much but they know this problem exists and the probable way in which users can correct it, so why havent they put it in the P7 MANUAL????? Please someone tell me how to correct this or i will stop using AO cause this always happens.... oh and EF please tell your customers how to sort out these sort of issues if you cant be bothered to fix them....

thats my rant over with.....lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 7:50 PM

Check the "Normals_Forward" box on the PoserSurface of the relevant materials.

Ultimate answer is to not use double sided polygons.

templargfx ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:07 PM

use single sided squares instead of cloth planes for creating walls, this happens all the time with flat 2sided objects with any raytracing element. annoying? yes but fixable

TemplarGFX
3D Hobbyist since 1996
I use poser native units

167 Car Materials for Poser

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 8:12 PM

Ahhhhhh... damn those Normals on the flat squares in the primatives library....lol
Cheers nruddock.....
Happy New Year

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 30 December 2006 at 11:17 PM

I always use flattened cubes for my walls.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.