Tue, Oct 1, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Phi factory?

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 5:17 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

Does anyone know if Phi factory is available anywhere?
It used to be at bushi3d but that site is gone now.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 6:45 AM

Attached Link: http://www.royriggs.com/poser.html

An alternative is Phi Builder (see attached link).

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 7:09 AM

Phi builder doesn`t have the option to make a phi file from an object, that is what I want and phi factory does it.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 12:39 PM

ummmm, what do you mean it can't make a phi file from an object?  you mean from an .obj?  I do it all the time from an .obj.  Sharen

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 12:42 PM

yup... thats what I do.. load OBJ into Phi Builder.. output PHI file....

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 1:28 PM

😊 Phi builder does work like that, I used add object and that added the whole object in as a text file so I assumed that it was the only way it loaded an object in.

bushi ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 4:08 PM

Attached Link: PhiFactory V1.2

Ask and you shall receive! :biggrin: It took me a while to dig this up and dust it off. The .zip file expands to a folder with PhiFactory V1.2 and it's associated components. You'll need to keep all the files together for the program to work properly since an internal database looks for the extra files.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 4:41 AM · edited Sun, 04 February 2007 at 4:54 AM

Thank you.

That was the one I used to use, I particularly like the charts with the joint rotation orders in.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 8:07 AM

what do you use phi files for????? ive never seen them or is this something new???

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 8:33 AM · edited Sun, 04 February 2007 at 8:36 AM

Phi files are used to make poser figures, they are at least as old as poser 3.

It is a text file with obj groups and the hierarchy in it and poser uses that to set up a figure.

If you look in the file menu, there is an option convert hier file, that is the phi file loader.

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 10:21 AM

Quote - what do you use phi files for????? ive never seen them or is this something new???

They are used to generate a Cr2 file from an object.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.