Fri, Oct 4, 7:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: settings for ray trrace shadows lights in poser 7

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 1:11 PM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 5:01 PM

can anyone tell good settings for Shadow Blur Radius and Shadow Min Bias?

TikiGawd ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 5:15 PM · edited Fri, 09 February 2007 at 5:18 PM

Blur radius values vary widely depending on the effect you're looking to achieve.  I personally tend to use 0, since I like sharp, dramatic scenes. If you use it, don't use too much, between .5 to 1 is often enough.

As for min bias settings, between .2 and .3 generally give the best results. Sometimes I need to go a little higher, but never above .4, but I never go below .2, as self shadowing artifacts very quickly crop up.

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 5:50 PM

ah thank you. been using daz studio so poser 7 is a BIG step. mostly positive. but having trouble with textures.

TikiGawd ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 10:15 PM

What kind of troubles are you having with textures?

If they appear grainy or blurry, drop the minimum shading rate in the render options down to .2 or so. Also, set the post filtering to box and turn it all the way down (slider to the left) for crisper renders.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.