Fri, Oct 4, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Underused Poser figure #4 - Jessi

Tiari ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 6:45 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 11:18 PM

Poser 6 Jessi for the next in the line.  Went slightly out of the list itinerary, I'll be getting to the others soon as I can LOL.

jerr3d ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 6:53 PM

i personally have always liked the Jessi figure. i used her in a small picture on my works' website. I used her default face. When my boss noticed it he told me to take her picture down because he thought she looked angry. sigh...

Tiari ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 7:03 PM

Sorry to hear that!   Jessi in my opinion has one of the best bodies.  Her face however, as you noticed, can look rather harsh.   She fit this image i wanted to make perfectly, as I was looking for a sort of "intimidating presence".   She is great for fantasy, but I doubt I would make a sexy lolita picture or an elf with her.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 7:35 PM

I quite like the Jessi model too, but would love to see a more comprehensive body morph pack.

Still, you can get some pretty interesting results when using the face room with Jessi.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 8:06 PM

I love Glamorous Jessi.  I wish there were some good texture packs for her...

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 8:50 PM

I am sorry to have to say I think Jessie is quite ugly.  I don't like her face, so I get a little bit put out looking at her default face.  Anyway, I seldom use the female figures, that's just my 2 rupees worth.

Eternal Hobbyist

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 3:21 AM

I prefer Posette and Judy (and her clones: Neja  & Wiktorija) instead.  Jim-Farris said that Jesse's breast don't hang on her chest in a kind of natural manner.
DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 5:34 AM

Jessi is now my 4th favorite figure, but she was higher when P6 was released.

#1: V4 (I really like this figure the more I play with her.)
#2: V3 (She's got so much available in the way of textures and clothing, she's the most versatile of all models.)
#3: Judy (Yes, Judy. As much as people seem to hate her, you can do some really nice things with her, with a little effort and patience.)
#4: Jessi (With the face room, her face can be made ultra sexy. Some of her body parts are a bit messed up, such as ugly shoulders, and upper arms that are just not long enough, but nothing you cannot "fix-up" with a little dial tweaking.)

Previous to getting V3 about 7 or 8 months ago, Judy was #1, with Jessi at #2. I don't even look at older figures like Posette at this point.

pitklad ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 1:08 PM

file_368966.jpg

Very nice image Tiari**

**Have you tried NEA yet 😉
**I gave a try on Jessi after this thread
She looks nice but still some problems there...

So a question for all the hardcore Jessi users:*

What problems are solved here?

:biggrin:

My FreeStuff

Tiari ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 1:18 PM

Jessi's face has some problems at first glance (and first renders) such as the alien forehead (which you seemed to fix easily enough lol) and sunken cheeks.  Her jaw is very angular, almost pointy and the lips are massive.   All are easily fixed outside the face room with scaling, and dials.   Her eyes can also seem "beady".   There arent a slew of textures for her, and her default is actually rather dark.

Here's a list how to fix the jessi problems that I've found:

Upper-arm  shoulder issue:  Select each shoulder and upper arm, turn down the FBM dial and turn up the scale.  You'd be suprized you can take those massive muscles out quickly.

Egghead:  Easy, Scale.  Smush it flatter a little, and a bit wider, makes a world of difference.

Dark (sometimes TOO dark ) body texture:  Go into materials and simply add an ambiance in a dark grey, gives a beautiful ethereal pale.

Flat default eyecolor:  Again, a slight ambiance lightens them up.

Again I agree Jessi has her limitations, but i've found her body incredible for fantasy/strong women pieces.

pitklad ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 2:14 PM

Yep I made a search and there is not even one free texture for her!!!
And her UVS has some problems too... They forgot the lips material zone? 😕

In the image I made a forehead MT and also a neck morph since the defaut looks a bit squized in the middle...

Also the eyes can be fixed if you use the side-side at 4 for right and -4 for left and than memorize

Her body is far from neutral...Her face very beautiful but still not neutral...

I always believe default characters should be more generic so as to be an easier base for morphing...

Sydney seams a bit better in this section than Jessi, especially her body... But Simon... well he is un-forgetable in his default face! Just like Judy :rolleyes:

Thanks for the upper arm fix :thumbupboth:
Can't wait to see more of your artworks!

My FreeStuff

efstarlet ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 4:30 PM

The G2 version was just released.  :)

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/g2_jessi_complete_figure_pack_product_27199

Free for Poser 6, Poser 7 and Passport Members!

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 4:39 PM

Some  problems with Jessi straight out of the box: 
-her hands and feet are big, too big for my taste,
-her upper arms are too short, while her forearms are too long,
-the "eggly" forehead.

I've made a custom pose that scales back her hands and feet to 90% and does a little tapering on her forearms and shins. Only a little.
I've made another custom pose that increases the xScale of the upper arms to 110% and decreases the xScale of the forearms to 90%.
And the forehead can easily be fixed using magnets.

After these little adaptations she's good to go. Shoes remain a problem, especially high-heeled ones (but for high heeled Jessi stuff I always pick Glamorous Jessi). But in barefooted fantasy renders she looks more than nice.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

DCArt ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 5:01 PM

Jessi G2, just released today at Content Paradise, is a vast improvement to P6 Jessi. I like her!

bcoleman ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 11:26 PM

Nice job! 👍

My wife looked at the image without any hints and recognized her right off.  :lol:

More stuff than you can keep track of? Try the free Poser Download Tracker.

oscillator ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 8:58 AM

In case anyone is interested, I have released a Free stuff item, available here at Rendo, which addresses a few of the problems that I see with Jessi non-G2 (G1?).

It's available here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=oscillator

www.oscillator.se/3d - Shade tutorials and Poser freebies.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 6:19 PM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 6:21 PM

file_369086.jpg

I sort of liked the original Jessi's shape.  While it is sort of cartoony (in the way a Marvel Superhero is a cartoon figure) it is sort of unique, and not so overdone to be totally unbelivable.

The big problems with her is lack of textures and the fact that she probly is the worst bending Poser figure ever to see the light of day. They must of spent all of 15 minutes doing her joint parameters.

I don't know what, if anything, Jessi has in commonn with Jessi G2 though.  I was hoping that G2 would be the original Jessi remapped, what she seems to be is a totally different figure (she even has different body parts- buttocks for example) with only her name in common with the original Jessi.

Nothing wrong with that, but maybe they should have given her another name.

It doesn't look too good for a Glamorous Jessi G2, either.  I'm not going to go back to buttocks, for one thing.  ;-)

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 7:46 PM

I don't like G2 Jessi.  She's Sydney with a different head and the same oversized hands and feet.  

My opinion would change if CP fixed G2's hands and feet. 

pitklad ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 9:05 PM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 9:06 PM

file_369097.jpg

Does the new Jessi share Textures with Sydney? That would be nice! Also is there a low resolution like on first Jessi? The million polys on EF figures on the wrong places is just a wast of memory...I prefer the low version with smooth on...

Anyway I made a quick head texture, natural style to match the default body texture

Natural Head Texture for Jessi 1
(RapidShare link)

I hope you find it usefull 😉

Also if anyone can host it with a mat pose it would be great :biggrin:

My FreeStuff

DustRider ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:44 PM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:50 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_369103.jpg

I'm disappointed with the G2 Jessi, she's just Sydney with a different head. Really, she is the same figure! Load both of them, and only the head and the upper insides of the breasts are different. I don't have P7, but had a friend check it out and send me the image, Sydney is in gray. I'll stick with Jessi, and Glamorous Jessi for now.

Sure, Jessi G2 is a more generic shape, which could make morphing easier (and should be able to take all the Sydney body morphs, unless eF made changes to prevent that). But talk about lazy, they could have a least made a few more modifications to the body to make her look more like the original Jessi (and an original figure). As it is, if you have P7, when you load her you have to ask yourself "did I load Jessi or Sydney".

On the up side, for those of us that haven't upgraded to P7, we get "Sydney" (or pretty darn close) for free :-)

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 12:15 AM

Some say lazy, others say convenient.

I for one am pleased Jessi G2 follows the established format of the G2 males (idential bodies). This will allow for clothing etc to be used across more than one.

Ideally though there would just be one male and one female, each with extremely flexible morphing capabilities. The need then for additional, race specific figures is negated.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

DustRider ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 3:24 AM

Attached Link: Glamourous Jessi Render

I still like the original Jessi/Glamouous Jessi, I think she has a lot of un-tapped potential. It's very easy to hide here egg head with the proper hair. The link is to a render of Glamoruous Jessi (GJ), but you can see how hair and a little expression makes a lot of difference - she has a much less "angry" look than the default expression.  I prefer the general proportions (feet, arms, hands) of GJ, but like the general body type of Jessi better.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 10:33 AM

I have worked with the original Jessi several times.  She did have several problems, particularly with her arms.   But she was a very good action figure.  With the proper lighting and posing, she could look quite pretty:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1060646&member
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1008192&member
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1064633&member
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1201196&member
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1237409&member

The best thing about the original Jessi is that she could be placed side by side with the P6 males and look as though she fit in because she was modelled in a similar style.  The new G2 females don't quite look as though they fit in with the G2 males.  The head as well as the hands and feet are too big.  Maybe, its just me, but I don't think that the G2 males and females look like they exist (stylistically) in the same universe...

edgeverse ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 10:08 AM

I like Jessi, I just got G2 Jessi. I like the Jessi (non g2) better.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 11:14 AM

Wow! a respond after a year and more? I love when this happens! :biggrin:

Actually the idea of G2 figures having the same body is so that they share clothes, you actually just need one male and one female wardrobe...

This is not a bad idea

The different head idea was a result of people complaining that morphed faces don't accept the original expressions good. So they made different head bases in a generic body.

The idea is fine! The execution however didn't satisfied people ( I guess not even those who were complaining)

It is the same as people complaining that V4 is too toon looking when DAZ just made instead of an Aiko 3 with a realistic morph ( that was a great success) A realistic looking head (at least as much as Aiko 3 realistic was) with a toon morph!

So I guess people will never stop complaining anyway but if they do than maybee we'll never get new ideas... So complaining makes the evolution move even if we complain even later! :biggrin:

My FreeStuff

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 12:08 PM · edited Mon, 22 September 2008 at 12:11 PM

I did work with Jessy a bit and I find her a nice model to work with.

Especialy as some mentioned, when you need a strong looking woman for fantasy / sci fi art.

I did make some textures and a face morph for her to use in a project....and I need to dig up that project again :laugh:

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 12:13 PM

cool texture!

My FreeStuff

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 12:26 PM

Thanks.

It did take some time to get it all in place and look good.

I need to tweak a glitch or two at the seams before it is realy finished.

I am still considering if I release it as a freebie in PNG or PSD format, so you can place it over the original textures.

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

Realmling ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 2:25 PM

That is an awsome texture....I even have a non-Poser artist friend that would love it. Every time he gets an idea for a new painting and needs help with the pose, he calls me up to come over and borrow Jessie. Of all the girls in my runtimes, she's the one he likes the best. lol

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

DustRider ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 10:30 PM

Attached Link: Glamorous Jessi Render

The link is to a render I did of Glamourous Jessi .... a long time ago. Her head/face is the default Jessi, no morphs. With proper lighting and hair, Jessi can look quite good IMVHO.

DR

pitklad ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 4:33 PM

file_414682.jpg

Hey everyone! Just made another full texture set for Jessi 1 it includes a sharer pose also

www.sharecg.com/v/28848/poser/Karina-Jessi1-texture

My FreeStuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.