Sun, Sep 15, 11:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 7:30 pm)

Subject: Wardrobe Wizard , how do you find it w/V4 ?

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 7:22 AM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 5:55 PM

Now that WW has been updated to work with V4 (who is rapidly becoming my favorite fig along with Sydney, A3 and V2) I am considering streamling my runtime to lose V3 but I have quite a bit (tons actually) of content for her that might be well worth converting to V4 ,A3 & Syd. I have read about the no gloves and iffy shoe conversions but armour and fantasy outfits ( aerysoul for instance ) are the main things I would like to convert. And does it maybe do hair ? I am interested to hear a few opinions from people who use it a lot and particularly with a view to converting V3 stuff to fit V4. Cheers, Gini PS : Incase it makes a diff I am on a mac

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 7:39 AM

It does hair, although I haven't messed with that myself (haven't found the need).

I have tried to convert things with a lot of furrows and buttons and whatnot, as your typical armor is going to have, and have not had really great results.  The program shifts bits of the clothing's mesh around to make it fit the different figure, and sometimes that shift will span across the edge of a button or the like.  I'm not very experienced with it though, and others I'm sure have gotten a lot better output than my piddly skills can.

For smooth clothes it works pretty well.

My Freebies

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 10:08 AM

tnx for your reply pjz99. I do have plenty of smooth clothes as well I'd use more if they fit characters other than V3 without the usual tweeking hell. Could you tell me one more thing plz if you can- how have you found it to work on conversions of V3 clothes to M3 or M2 ? Not planning a tranny series but things like chaps, jeans, shirts.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 12:00 PM

if you go to philc.net and check the forum boards you'll find the different results people have, but there is always good support/help for ww owners.
one thing to keep in mind though is it doesn't move over morphs or body handles in clothes items.

netta
but i love it!!

www.oodlesdoodles.com

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 12:11 PM · edited Thu, 15 February 2007 at 12:13 PM

Its possible that you may not be aware that you can if you use one of the Convert to Advanced options.

How to retaining existing morphs and body handles.
http://www.philc.net/WW_tutorial1.htm

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 12:51 PM

Kching Thats the sound of more dosh in PhilC's piggybank. I'm taking the WW plunge

-Monty Python

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 2:57 PM

:) congrats your a new fan of philc... told ya he was good at info and help.
thanks phil off to read that tut, not sure how i missed it...lol
you can learn something new everyday.
makes life interesting.
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 3:12 PM

If you're hardcore (and want your buttons and details intact and unsmoothed!) then try an obj resize yourself in whatever program you are must comfortable doing obj morphs and edit in,, then use the handy Obj to Cr2 (also at PhilC's) to make the new obj comform. Obj to Cr2 works inside Poser, mac or PC. ^^

bB

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 3:21 PM

I love WW myself, and it works great with V4. Also if you have a morphed character you can use it to make the item fit the morphed character. Say a V4 outfit to the new shaped characters out there for her.
Marque

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 1:33 PM

Just popped back in to say WOW so very happy i bought WW............ 1st try did the free Yamato tsuta from V2 to a very morphed V4. Total success. Thanks PhilC , excellent product !

-Monty Python

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 1:55 PM

Gini love your avatar

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 2:15 PM

@ Margue.... gorgeous little mustang you bought , saw that thread earlier. Jealous as mine is only an avatar.... you got the real thing !

-Monty Python

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 2:26 PM

-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.