Mon, Sep 9, 4:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Apollo Maximus 2007 is coming, and he's going to be FREE!!!

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 3:48 PM

I'm very late to comment on this but ... at the risk of upsetting those with a vested interest in profiting off the rest of us, Anton making such a high quality figure available for free is precisely the sort of act of radical generosity that this community needs. It's gone from a community ripe with altruism to one sour with excess mercantilism ... this opinion coming from a pro-business card-carrying Capitalist. Mostly gone are the days when people were willing to share their quality creations for free (or low quality items for that matter.) Mostly gone are the days when there was no kooky psychological dichotomy between "merchants" and "customers." No matter how much I admire the success of DAZ and the talented content creators who sell their wares at various venues, the excess of mercantilism and dearth of true community spirit has really, really changed this scene into something a lot more pretentious and greed-oriented than many of us are fully comfortable with. If free Apollo upsets the ice cream cart a bit ... good! I hope this generous act on Anton's part offers him a sense of freedom. I'd imagine that something like that is what prompted him to do this ... to get back to the roots of why we enjoy making nice pictures and why this community is at its best when we help one another do so. Kudos and good karma to Anton. I hope new users of Apollo will get as much quality mileage out of the figure as some of us have for some time now.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 3:56 PM

Well said!  Bravo!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 4:36 PM

applause

standing ovation

Well said!

-- Jeff

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 7:09 PM

As I had said some pages back.  We were such a great sharing place at one time (Durring the reign of the Poser Forum Online) we were sharing without "selling" ... I miss having a site like that.  Sure the products here and at DAZ, CP and 3d Commune to name a few are great ... but I'd like a site where sharing is the main function ... not "here's my new model, buy it at the store".  As a refreshing change ... not to trash siles like this who are out for a profit and don't pretend not to be ... but where that isn't a part of it.  

Hopefully Apollo and Anton have opened those doors again.  I certainly hope so.  I miss Willow and the gang she had.  

Bon

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 8:30 PM

Tuesday, the 13th in the A.M. 

no pun intended. :)

Be there!

-- Jeff

DokEnkephalin ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 9:18 PM · edited Mon, 12 March 2007 at 9:22 PM

Actually I gathered it was an act of guerilla marketing, in response to and recovery from some more cutthroat marketing, which is why AM2007 appears to be promoted from CP but not distributed through or by them. I don't know the whole story, and I'm viewing what's written with an objective eye, but whatver the case it is a pretty genius business move; Anton circumvents competition first by not competing -- he's giving the model away -- and second by being the prime distributor of accessories and will therefore have a short term monopoly, some of which were already in high demand from what I understand, along with this particular model.

Yes, it may be generous, but it's also a bit of a finger in the face and a bit of business maneuvering;] However, I don't doubt it'll promote a spirit of sharing more inventive accessories, morphs, textures, poses, and probably mostly oriented around Apollo.

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 9:31 PM

Oh, BTW, it's Tuesday the 13th in the AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time USA.

-- Jeff

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 10:04 PM

Quote - whatver the case it is a pretty genius business move; Anton circumvents competition first by not competing -- he's giving the model away -- and second by being the prime distributor of accessories and will therefore have a short term monopoly, some of which were already in high demand from what I understand, along with this particular model..

I guess I don't follow this.  There's no "monopoly" in terms of accessories, and Anton's not planning to distribute anything that others create.  Anything he makes as an add-on he intends to be free.  Other people will do free add-ons,  still others will charge for add-ons they create, just as is always the case.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

MachineClaw ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 10:11 PM

Quote - Untill that is ... I baught the Practical Poser 6 book and got a stripped down version of Apollo.  This one doesn't even have all the morphs...

ApolloMax on Practical Poser book CD is a FULL ApolloMax with all the morphs the figure has had.  There are just no extras.  ApolloMax has always had the morphs built into the figure.  This includes all the scaling ADS.  Just no poses to get you started.

ApolloMax 2007 will have new morphs as well as a TON of new stuff that has never been released before.

ApolloMax 2007 is gunna be all the old products and a bunch of new stuff.

Looks like Tuesday March 13th release.  Maybe a bit late but will be worth it.

check Anton's site for where to download, information updated shortly at http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 10:21 PM

There ya go MC.  In a nutshell! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 1:44 AM

It's almost time, folks. 

-- Jeff

vince3 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:52 AM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 6:01 AM

just a suggestion but as i read the last few posts in kinda occured to me so i'll say it,
as Anton has made this most generous gift to us all in the first place, why don't we as a community pay him back, by making sure that all content for AM2007 is free, like they did for sara over at 3DSaraCreations, that way profit off of his hard work (Anton) would be kept to a minimal! 

Now i would be very happy to make poses, Hi-res textures, and morphs (with a bit of .Inj help from others( if neccersary)) and anything else i can do, all for free just for him (AM) , but as i'm not fluent with web design and all that web scripting and stuff someone else would have to actually make the site in the first place, but if there is anything i can do to help with the site design or whatever then i would be happy to do that also.

so if anyone else thinks that would be a good idea, and can start the ball rolling or contribute, then maybe we could do that, just a suggestion though, as i personnely think that would be the best way to pay Anton back for his great gift. I think it would also be very nice to keep everything for him freeeeeeeeeee!! 

Anyway i don't know how to start this stuff so i'm just saying the idea outloud 'cause maybe someone else does.and i'll sit here wearing my "ready to contribute as soon as he is available to start working with" badge (it's a big badge), waiting to see what others say.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:29 AM

Actually, Anton said he just wants to see stuff for him and for sale items are great. If you go the freebie only way he might have a second death. Anton, specifically, said that items for sale are fine by him.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:45 AM

Though no one will complain if there are lots of freebies too  - they will be very much appreciated :wub:.  It's nice to have options!  There are lots of people getting in the spirit of making freebies for him.  I THINK Anton mentioned something about having a place eventually on his site to link to  freebies for Apollo (don't quote me, though, that thread at CP is REALLY long, so I may be dreaming).  Don't know about hosting, though it seems most folks use the various free places to host the files.

Cheers,
Alisa

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:55 AM

Nope. No one will complain if there is a bunch of freebies. (Including myself) I was just trying to say that if it is freebie only it will have a much harder chance to get decent/full support. I know I can't just spend months on a project to give it away. I just don't have the time or resources to do it.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 10:48 AM

Anton's just updated his site, so it shouldn't be too long

Cheers,
Alisa

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 11:35 AM

runs around in a mad circle I went to the thing and it said today  but no link! ahhhh I soooo want apollo. 
;(
I need a good moving male figure and nnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed apollo@.@

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 11:41 AM

Patience, patience :)

Cheers,
Alisa

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 12:32 PM

Today is THE day. 

Not quite yet, but very soon. Don't worry, there will be plenty to go around.

-- Jeff

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:02 PM

The links will be active very shortly. Please read the TOS and then the Readme's once you download. All very important. 

Also, Rawart's store is now now back online and all Apollo skins are on sale. Rawn said that he's got a new texture set for Apollo being released, too :)

-- Jeff

carodan ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:06 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:06 PM

I just tried buying some stuff at Rawart3d, but the checkout page didn't have anywhere to put in any payment info. Will try later. I was in a bit of a hurry.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

jefsview ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:11 PM

Not certain how the new store works. But usually once you add something to your cart, then checkout, it asks for your info (everyone has to re-register), and then  there should be buttons to take you either to paypal or their CC handler's site to finish payment.

I only just got a freebie, so I could re-register.

Btw, love those new Poses, Carodan. Especially the new werewolf for Apollo -- available now at the CP forums, Apollo category.

-- Jeff

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:27 PM

The feeding frenzy has begun! :woot:

Aishai ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:39 PM

Downloading! *pom poms :D
Thank you Anton!

vince3 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:45 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:50 PM

many thanks Anton!!!!!!!! it is now xmas day!! yippee yippie boing boing!! i got new toys!!

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:01 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:01 PM

ApolloMaximus 2007 - Parts 1, 2, & 3 (out of 4) plus the faceroom module are available at Anton's site now.
Part 4 will be posted later today when Anton's caught a much-needed nap.
Be sure to read the readme's and terms of download/usage.

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:08 PM

I strarted a new thread for the release HERE:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2689160

Added your reminders about readme and terms of use, leather guy - thanks!!

Cheers,
Alisa

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:13 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:16 PM

Awesome! just finished downloading and now if everyone will excuse me I'm going to do a little happy dance and then set this tremendous gift of Anton's up. I think poor Anton is going to need to take a few weeks off and just sleep after this.Anton has my extreme grattitude.:sleep:

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:14 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! it is 1:13 AM here and I dont CARE I have to play with apollo!!

composes herself
I mean, I have to test out his parameters to see if he would be suitable for use in what I need...yea..thats it..

OH thank you Anton!!!

Commission open.

DokEnkephalin ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 8:42 PM

He must've taken a nap around the same time I did. When I woke up, the whole package was there, and I've been organizing the morph channels ever since. And now that I've skinned him I see he's got a nifty set of shaders to study, woot.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 11:02 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 11:04 PM

Sneaky bastards, why didn't this get its own topic!!
edit: duh I just can't read!

My Freebies

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:53 AM

Hi guys.

Thanks very much to most in this threaad for the support and spreading the word. I wanted to pop over and say thank you personally to each of you for your support and I hope you enjoy it. :thumbupboth:

To those who who feel the need to repeatedly state thier views of disapproval can be reminded that this is not the only thread in the forum. But if they feel it takes several posts to get their point across. So be it.  One might remember me going out of my way for him once. Another might be reminded of when I helped promote his site and products. The last one is so notorious he isn't worth mentioning. But enough said about that.

Anyway...I am starting a free non-commercial newsletter on my site and people can sign up there. Free is free. No strings atatched

PS:If anyone would like to host this banner above here is the code. The more who find him and use him, the more likely the content.

this bb code will embed th banner as a clickable link

[url=http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com][img]http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/banners/free3dposerhumanmaleapollomaximus.gif[/img][/url]

here is the html code to embed the banner as a clickable link aligned center

free3dposerhumanmaleapollomaximus.gif

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:02 AM

PS: If anyone can't view my site, I wills et up an html page. In the meantime, just email me at antonkisiel@verizon.net and I will happily send you the links. Cheers.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Fatmolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:07 AM

:D

Thanks very much for the Apollo figure and all the extras' Anton. Very generous of you i think and i didnt get to play with him the first tim eround so this is a real joy for me.

I do have a question if i may? I am interested in making clothing for free release and possibly commercial ones too. I havent the foggiest how to add morphs to clothes without the use of a magnet kit (say like Netherworks kits) are there any plans for such a kit for Apollo to make clothing morphs much easier?

(Oh and thx for the banner scripts)

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:13 AM

Channingg over at Daz has had great success with MorphMagic. Just rename the body dials back to valueParam for the sake of the utility. Do this on a copy of course.

Magnets sadly could be exploited.

Fatmolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:25 AM

Okay thankyou Anton, i shall speak with Channing when i get the chance. Thanks for the info ;)

Fatmolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:36 AM

..as an aside, is there a good tutorial for adding morphs to clothes manually that i might follow in order to make clothes for him? I cannot afford MorphMagic lol!

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:53 AM

I can't think of any. Try a forum search for magnets.  Others might have a much better idea on where to look.

Fatmolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:59 AM

No problem, so as long as the magnets themselves are not included that is allowed?

And also, manually adding them in a modeller then creating a dial to replicate the clothing morph within Poser itself?

Basically anything that will not compromise the Apollo figure's files itself?

Sorry if im repeating anything, i apreciate that you are busy. Thanks for the help so far.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 4:06 AM

again thank you anton! he is FANTASTIC!^.^

Commission open.

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 4:58 AM

I am actually really more flexible about it than some have perceived. 

You can use the files to help you create Apollo content. So you can use my mats for your apollo textures. You can use my cr2's. You can spawn morphs from my morphs. You can use them for personal or commercial APollo content .  Apollo's joint paramters, bones, and general design mustn't be compromised by adding similar functionality to other figures, unless it is within the boundries of your own personal use. 

Copyright is more than just mesh.  Copyright,as also allowed in the Poser Eula, extends to the contents of his custom cr2 regardless of stores or people who say otherwise. If anyone is ever in doubt, just shoot me an email. I am always willing to work with people who are fair and reasonable.

You can include magnets of your own choosing. I encourage people to make matching morphs if they like. Just protect Apollo as if he where your own intellectual property. 

Bottom line. If my files are used to help make Daz figures better in anyway, after what I have endured, I will have to hunt you down and dismember you. :) The severity of having to explain this is only due to the extent to which it has sadly become neccesary.

Sorry for the long winded response. Cheers.

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 4:59 AM

Quote - again thank you anton! he is FANTASTIC!^.^

No problem. Glad to do it.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:29 AM · edited Thu, 15 March 2007 at 5:29 AM

Anton I think you are crazy and/or very generous to give away all your fabulous hand-crafted work.  Thank you very much for all your effort in providing your wonderful figure to the public.  You are a great man. 

My Freebies

DokEnkephalin ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 7:51 AM

You can thank him by making lots of homoerotic art.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:23 AM

I don't know how serious you are, but I actually have plans for exactly that.

My Freebies

Fatmolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:00 AM

Quote - I am actually really more flexible about it than some have perceived. 

You can use the files to help you create Apollo content. So you can use my mats for your apollo textures. You can use my cr2's. You can spawn morphs from my morphs. You can use them for personal or commercial APollo content .  Apollo's joint paramters, bones, and general design mustn't be compromised by adding similar functionality to other figures, unless it is within the boundries of your own personal use. 

Copyright is more than just mesh.  Copyright,as also allowed in the Poser Eula, extends to the contents of his custom cr2 regardless of stores or people who say otherwise. If anyone is ever in doubt, just shoot me an email. I am always willing to work with people who are fair and reasonable.

You can include magnets of your own choosing. I encourage people to make matching morphs if they like. Just protect Apollo as if he where your own intellectual property. 

Bottom line. If my files are used to help make Daz figures better in anyway, after what I have endured, I will have to hunt you down and dismember you. :) The severity of having to explain this is only due to the extent to which it has sadly become neccesary.

Sorry for the long winded response. Cheers.

No problem, i'm just trying to do it right and was getting confused. Like i said all i wanna do is make some clothies and make them morphable to match wahatever the morph Apollo is doing. Thanks for the info ;)

the-negative ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:03 AM · edited Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:05 AM

I think it'd be great if everyone could push APM to the limit that it would par those stuff on CGTalk or 2D paintings, beating the hell outta every figure ever made. EDIT: Especially the DAZ ones.
For free. :D

In This Twilight- My FIRST public poser work in 2 years!
Also the reason why I endorse postwork (:D)

Fatmolf ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:09 AM

Quote -
Bottom line. If my files are used to help make Daz figures better in anyway, after what I have endured, I will have to hunt you down and dismember you. :)

I'm assuming you didn't mean me ;)

DokEnkephalin ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 9:10 AM

Heh, even when I'm kidding, I'm serious. My tastes are het, but I have noticed the relative scarcity of male subjects in erotic works, and the male models I have tried to work with haven't been as flexible or adequate as a revamped V3. So along comes Apollo to fill a hole, no pun intended.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:14 PM

Hey Anton,

Nice to see you here again. 

Thank you so very much for this absolutely fabulous gift.  Unbelievable but very very generous of you!! 😄

Richard 😉

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.