Thu, Sep 19, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Animations, please please help.

mikachan ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 2:13 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 3:05 AM

OK, so I want to make poser animations, several short clips, then merge them all together in a video editing program. My major problem is that I render the movie in poser, and I want it to be an AVI file, but when I make the movie, and try to play it, it causes whatever video program I am using to shut down. I've tried Media Classic and Windows Media player and Realtime. 

I am running XP home edition and using poser 7. I can get the program to render SWF's taht work, but the quality is crappy and it's really not the format that I want. Any suggestions??

Thank you so so so very much. 

Mika

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 2:28 PM

render frames as series of uncompressed tiff images. convert series of images to an uncompressed movie in yer video editor. concatenate the separate uncompressed videos in the correct order. at that point, conversion to some compressed format is fraught with difficulties, as some clients will be unable to view yer movie, regardless of what codec ya use. so ya should ask yer clients what codec they like. if that's impossible, then use something popular like divx (cross-platform) or wmv3 (usually not cross-platform). as I understand it, anything ya upload to youtube will be converted to flash, so that eliminates any worries there :lol:

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 2:30 PM

Try using a different codec, I use Microsoft windows media video 9, the compression is quite good and it is fast.

mikachan ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 2:34 PM

Thanx xantor, I'll try that.

mikachan ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 3:02 PM

awesome! it worked!! Thanx :D

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 5:51 PM

:b_smile:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.