Sun, Sep 15, 11:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Resources on mac & non- macs handled differently by Vue 6 Inf?

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 8:31 AM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 12:10 AM

Does Vue handle its resources on mac & not mac differently ? I have read an earlier thread about how low some 6 users have found their resources to be dropping to on this final release. I think they are all on PCs. How is it for mac users ? The reason I ask is because with BOTH the prerelease and this final release I am having similar problems on my G4 1.67 ghz, 2gb ram Powerbook..... A brand new nothing in it scene had %78, another one I started off with %56. When later I added 1 procedural terrain, one light,a spectral atmosphere, a window, a ship and a bottle I was down to %2 !!!!! .and of course "Fatal Error" crash. I re opened the scene , it seems now to be sticking around %6 resources and it hasn't yet crashed while I finish my final tweaking. A while ago I think someone told me basically pcs and macs handle it differently and that his mac often had low resources stated but that Vue ran just fine with a very full scene. Is this also something I should be on at E-On support about ? And btw, where do I find the option to purge the memory ? On the plus side I can now import a Poser scene in under 5 minutes . it was taking over 15 on the pre release. But Vue is still very sluggish once the scene opens and that was with the pose-in-Vue etc options turned off. At this rate it looks like I'd best stick to fairly simple scenes and no Poser figs in them either. It's not nice to work thinking an app is going to crash any second though I save often ( VERY often now) and that the scene might end up damaged and un-openable anyway which is what happened often enough with the pre release. hmmm, maybe I will change my nick on the e-on forums to 'fatal error'.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 11:50 AM

Please, please go over to e-on and file a support ticket for your resource problem, it is a big problem and the more peeps that tell them about it, the quicker it will get fixed [hopefully].

Purge memory is under the "File" drop down menu!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 12:10 PM

Yes report this to tech.   Some seem to not be having the problem but they never say how or what they using in their scenes such as what kind meshes and models.  this has a big difference and as you have said the last prerelaease build and now vue final is the same as we been trying to get people to see some are having problems.
 I think a lot want speak up because they dont want to be told Mine works so whats the problem. :)
 Sure I can load a default vue scene with an atmos and maybe a terrian and render it and all works rosey.   thats not how I do pics and Vue has before Vue 6 been able to handle what I put into an image.   Not the case with Vue 6 final. :)

ïÏøçö

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 2:12 PM

Resource problems on Mac do not exist really. Even when the resources are down to 2% the program normally does not crash. I have this phenomen since I have 289768. And have reported it already. Because it has changed since older versions. But I definitely think it is a minor problem for Macs and does not affect the work there really. I only had one crash with "memory low" on Mac so far - as long as I work with Vue.

Btw, the memory goes up again after a while. So stay cool and maybe switch even to the polygon display so that you do not become nervous Gini. Btw 2 - on Windows 2000 this is as well not a real problem. It seems that the oom problems are exclusively related to Windows XP.

Oh, purge memory you find under "file" when I remember it right - I am rendering at the moment and therefore can't check it.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

iloco ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 2:29 PM

And related to Windows 2000 which is basicly the same with oput all the bells and whistles. :)
 Purge memory is under File.

ïÏøçö

Gini ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 2:56 PM

Thanks for the file>purge info all. Yes, it was you Wabe, who did tell me about how it is not the same issue with Macs a while back . I was just re checking..... lol, I will go back to polygon display now as it is making me too stressy watching those resource numbers jig up and down . Being at %2 just before that fatal error sunday night seemed to be the only remarkable thing just before it crashed.... all I had been doing at that point was changing the camera focal length in the camera manager. I'll pay attention to what I'm doing just prior to crashes in the next few days and file it with tech anyway .

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.