Tue, Oct 22, 6:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Sci fi fans or animators?

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 2:34 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 7:51 AM

How hard is it to sctually animate a ship flying in space?  Are there any sci-fi animators or fans that would lik eto become friends and just chat and help each other out on stuff?
my yahoo is jeremyinwichita@yahoo.com same as my email so lets talk.
J.

mrsparky ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 8:48 PM

Easy. If you cheat a bit:)  

The trick is to make a background movie of stars and warp effects, particle illusion [wondertouch.com] can do this easily enough. Slap in a couple of planets, theres both freebie and commerical products of these. 

Make that about 30 seconds long and loop it to the desired length.

Bring that in as a video background in Poser. Place your ship in the scene pointing in the direction of travel and occsaionally 'wiggle' the ship a bit.  Just on the up and down/side to side motion. 

Nothing too severe or your crew will get space sick :) 

Look at my freestuff theres some tutorials on using poser and chromakey, plus a warp effect freebie. Mostly  expirement and have fun!  

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.