Tue, Oct 22, 6:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Saving an modified dynamic hair prop to the library

Nebula ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 12:41 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 3:35 PM

Hello,

I have a dynamic hair prop that was originally made for V3.  I have adjusted it to fit V4.  I'd like to save it to my library.  Do I just select the skullcap and add it to the library?  Will it keep the adjustments I made to it (X,Y,Z data)?  And if I want to use it again from the library, will it automatically fit and parent itself to V4?

Thanks!

Nebula

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 2:17 PM

I 'm afraid to tell you "yes" in case I'm wrong. I haven't used dynamic hair.

I would think that if you made the changes and changed the parent to be for V4 that once you saved it to the props library folder that it would load up as you have saved it and fit V4 properly.

Better wait for a second opinion on that though. I'd hate to stear you wrong.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Nebula ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 3:10 PM

Thanks for your honesty.  I haven't tried it yet myself.  I just didn't want to do it believing I did it right and then not be able to get it back.  I can of course tweak it again but I shouldn't have to.  I'll see what happens and post back.  And I'll keep an eye out here too.

Thanks!

Nebula

diolma ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 4:47 PM

Hi, Nebula..

I'm also not sure of the answer (although I think that Acadia has it right), but...
Try doing what I always do: Before you commit anything, SAVE THE WHOLE SCENE AS A PZ3 FILE!

Then save the prop/hair/whatever into the library. Quit Poser.
Restart Poser, load the figure, load the hair from the library.

If it doesn't work, then something went amiss - delete the entry from the library, try an alternative approach (you still have the saved PZ3 file to start from...)

If it does work then you can delete the PZ3 file, happy in the knowledge that your save-to-library worked (although I usually wait a few days before taking that step, just in case..)

Cheers,
Diolma

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.