Mon, Oct 7, 4:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Possible to use Kate2 and Ben2 in Poser 6?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 5:40 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

I like the P7 version of Kate and Ben better than the ones for P6. My question is can they be used in Poser 6 and if they can then what would be the best method of doing this.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 5:54 PM

Yes you can. As with any other runtime, I suggest just linking to your Poser 7 runtime with Poser 6 and leaving them in their original locations.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 6:35 PM

Lostin Spaceman, thanks for the input. I was originally going to remove P7 from my computer, but will leave it so I can link the runtime. Thanks again!

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 6:28 AM

I use external runtimes. I bought Poser 7 but exclusively for the runtimes. I moved all the files I wanted to the corresponding runtime (People, Clothes, etc.) and then I uninstalled Poser 7. And Poser 6 doesn't even blink an eye over the version number (7). Everything works fine.

I am very satisfied with Poser 6. For what I use Poser, it does everything I need so I don't intend upgrading for quite a long time. Not until I really have to, ie., if the new products start not working with Poser 6.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 1:38 PM

Thanks for the reply Francemi! I was hoping that the SR1 would solve a lot of the problems for P7. But since I'm still not happy with it I really didn't want to keep it on my system but didn't want to do away with some of the characters P7 has. I will move all the files I want over to P6 and will hope for the best.

Francemi ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 1:53 PM

Well it works fine for me. Once you've moved all the files (and their referenced files of course) to your new runtime, try them in Poser 6 before uninstalling Poser 7. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 2:55 PM

Francemi, Will definitely give it atry before removing P7. Thanks again for the info.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.