Sat, Sep 7, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Help Cant find any 3D Models of Retro Computers

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 11:36 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 8:14 PM

I cant believe with all the stuff that you can find on the net, that I cant find any of the 3D Models/Objects I'm looking for.  All I found was a joystick on Turbosquid.

Here is a list of what I"m looking for.

Commodore 64, Joystick, 1541 Floppy Drive, 1702 Monitor, Amiga (any model), 5 1/4 Floppy, 3 1/2" Floppy, Computer Mouse.   Some of the older sites that used to have stuff like this are gone.

Any suggestions? I cant do any 3D Modeling if my life depended on it, so I was hoping to find something already done...with so many talented people around the world I cant believe no one has tried to model the objects I'm looking for.

Questor4 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 11:44 AM

3d cafe used to have computers / keyboards / monitors etc. but i dont know if they're still there.

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 1:40 PM

I'm in the process of modeling my own.... If you can wait, when I get done with them I'll drop you a line or so.  I have no plans for the C64, and it depends on the type of joystick, but the floppy drive and 5.25" floppy disk, 8" floppy, and mouse, are some things I'm working on. Actually I might have a 3.5" floppy and drive laying around...

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 2:53 PM

Quote - 3d cafe used to have computers / keyboards / monitors etc. but i dont know if they're still there.

Thats one of the first places I went to check.

The site was down for a long time and now that is backup they have been under construction for many months.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Tue, 06 March 2007 at 2:53 PM

Quote - I'm in the process of modeling my own.... If you can wait, when I get done with them I'll drop you a line or so.  I have no plans for the C64, and it depends on the type of joystick, but the floppy drive and 5.25" floppy disk, 8" floppy, and mouse, are some things I'm working on. Actually I might have a 3.5" floppy and drive laying around...

Cool :) at this point I'll take anything. :)

But still its surprising the retro stuff is not readily available.

ranachronos ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 1:51 AM

Several Amiga computers, C64, joystick + monitors here:

http://it.aminet.net/~aminet/dirs/gfx_3dobj.html

Another Commodore 64c here:

http://paeron.klippanlan.net/poser/

Hope this helps. I have several more on old download disks, but the sites they came from have gone.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 7:13 PM

Ranachronos: You are the best!! I dont know how you found those :)  Could you please see if you can find some more from your old download disks? I can use the C64C from Paeron's site.  I couldnt import the Imagine objects from the aminet. 

But this is great!!!
Thank you very much it is appreciated.

Paeron ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 6:16 AM

Oooh cool, A link to one of my things :D
Glad that you liked it Analog-X, I would like to do the peripherals like the 1541 and the tape reader. I have these so it wont be to hard to do or to scan for textures. Its on my todo-list. :P
If you don't find a monitor you can use my TV-model, it has the C64 screen as an extra texture in the texturepak.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 6:29 AM

Keep up the good work Paeron!! I'm glad you've done these :)

Paeron ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 6:41 AM · edited Mon, 26 March 2007 at 6:41 AM

Please send a link to any image you make with them. I just love seeing my stuff used by others :D

EDIT: I forgot to say before. My page has moved to http://www.paeron.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.