Mon, Sep 23, 12:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Poser 7 and Externall HDD's

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 2:44 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 12:22 AM

Has anyone tried to install P7 or any poser app from 4 on to a externall HDD ?IF so did it work and how was it done. 

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 3:04 PM

Not my Poser installations - those are on an IDE internal drive, but all of my runtimes are out on an external.  I know some people in here have installed to an external drive and I could hazard a guess that it's done just like normal - using the Custom option to select the drive to install to.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 3:06 PM

I did it in OS 9/X. poser 4 on slave drive, poser 5 on external firewire drive, poser 7 on main drive. it was done by dragging the poser 4 folder to the slave drive from an old OS 9 computer, and dragging the poser 5 folder from the main drive to the external drive. in mac OS, dragging a folder is the same as copying it. they all work o.k., and poser 7 can access the runtimes on the other drives.

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 3:09 PM

Ok thanks ya'll .  I may give it a whirl to see what happens as I need space on main drive

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.