Sun, Oct 6, 9:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Toggling "smooth polygons" for an entire figure?

danamongden ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:50 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 6:29 PM

Most of you have probably run into this problem in some form.  When you enabled "smooth polygons" in the Poser render settings, some geometry starts getting really crazy, i.e. cracks appear, surfaces bend strangely, etc.  This setting works great for things like people, but many props aren't setup to handle it well.  The solution is to turn off that feature in the property palette for each of those troublesome objects.

The problem I'm facing today is that I have such a troublesome object, except that it's actually a figure with many, many sub-parts.  The figure is DAZ's Dream House Great Room.  It's a great setting, but the room itself (walls, etc.) suffer from this kind of crazy deformations when I enable smooth polygons.  However, with all of its sub-parts, it's a real hassle to traverse down through every one of them that's in the camera view and click it off.

Is there any way (either built-in or via a Python script) to enable/disable/toggle this setting for an entire figure, i.e. can I select the room figure and have this done to all of its sub-parts?

Dan among Den

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 2:55 PM

Here's a simple script that does the toggle job.

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/SmoothOnOff.zip

Alternatively, if you know that you'll always want the smoothing
OFF for a certain figure or prop, you can edit the CR2 or PP2
and change all

smoothPolys 1

to

smoothPolys 0

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.