Sun, Sep 15, 11:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 4:19 pm)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Privatize comments

sittingblue ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 10:30 PM · edited Fri, 31 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

I think it would be nice if there was an option to 'privatize' comments made to images in the gallery. The option could be global, to be set by the artist who created the post, or local, to be set by the commenter.

Why? When I'm commenting, I feel like the others are ease-dropping on my comment, or that I am ease-dropping on their comments. Also, privacy can create intimacy which is an attractive and bonding force for the two participants.

The forum moderators should still be able to see all the comments during edit mode, but not otherwise.

Charles

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 12:23 AM

if you wanna make a private comment you can always use site mail.

I always thought the comments were an instructional aspect of the site. So people could see what others thought of the image.

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 10:44 AM

Yes I agree with Mark on tis one. You should site mail if you want to make a private comment to the artist. 

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 11:02 PM

There is however a point to be made in reducing the embarrasment factor that critical comments can have .

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 11:35 PM

if supportive and friendly, and if they include tips on how to improve the image, all would benefit from public viewing of said comments. of course, if said comments are entirely negative in nature, one can understand the desire to keep them secret, which is futile in any case.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.