Tue, Oct 1, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 8:29 am)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: BUG! Gallery edit function eats your thumbnail!

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 11:50 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:16 AM

Two days in a row now, I have edited a gallery submission and it has eaten my thumbnail, and generated a system default one.  I think the thumb policy is stupid, but I do comply with it.  Please fix the thumb eater bug, thanks.

My Freebies

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 1:47 PM

Thank you for bringing this to our attention

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 1:59 PM

pjz,  Are you double checking to make sure the box that is underneath the thumbnail field (while in edit mode) is not checked saying to "auto generate a new thumbnail"?  I tested this making sure that box wasn't ticked and it left my original thumbnail as its designed..

I'll do some more testing on it but just wanted to check with you first to be sure

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 10:43 PM

Unless the box is ticking itself, which would be another bug.  I am very certain I am not checking that checkbox, although I have seen in the forum text editbox, that  the checkbox for "Notify me when someone replies" often checks and unchecks itself as the spacebar is hit. 

My Freebies

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 2:03 AM · edited Tue, 03 April 2007 at 2:05 AM

Quote - although I have seen in the forum text editbox, that  the checkbox for "Notify me when someone replies" often checks and unchecks itself as the spacebar is hit.

Wha?? I tried it, can't get it to do that for me...:sad: What browser are you using pjz?

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 12:03 AM
pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 12:07 AM

The forum edit textbox thing is probably a different problem anyway, because the cause for that bug is when you UN check "Notify me" and then go on typing WITHOUT actually clicking in the textbox again to return the focus to it- which the box is happy to do - then the "Notify me" button seems to retain focus, and as the spacebar is hit it activates the control.  The gallery problem I've had, I'm not checking or unchecking boxes on edit, and I clearly remember clicking in the editbox to move the insertion point around.

My Freebies

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 4:34 PM

I just tried to upload one, using preview first. I can confirm the gallery software auto-generates a thumbnail, even tho it's unchecked by default. then when I tried to restart the process, it said I'd reached my limit for the day. it's no big deal, as I didn't actually wanna upload it, but these bugs may be annoying to those who actually wanna upload something.

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 8:00 PM

Be aware, this happens to me when I 1) upload, and then, 2) edit one that's already uploaded (e.g. change the text).

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 05 May 2007 at 8:09 AM

This problem is not resolved.  This happened to me again just now.  I am 100%, completely, absolutely certain the "generate new thumbnail automatically" button was NOT checked.  The only thing I changed on edit was the pulldown "show resized/show original size".  Please address this.

My Freebies

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 05 May 2007 at 8:16 PM

Hmm that is strange. I tested it again and still didn't get this happening to me. I'll talk to the programmers about it on Monday.  Have you noticed if its anything you might edit or just certain things like above you said all you edited was the pulldown about the resized image?  Just want to take the programmers as much info as I can since I can't duplicate the problem but I'll try again editing the same thing you did and see what happens

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 05 May 2007 at 11:50 PM

Yes, the only thing I changed on the form was "resized/full size" pulldown,  No other text, no other mouseclicks that I can recall.

My Freebies

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 9:27 AM

Okay thanks pjz... I'll alert the programmers with the info I have and have them check it out

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2007 at 8:28 AM

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it :)

My Freebies

Giolon ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 1:34 AM

I had this happen to me today.  I submitted an image to the gallery, then came back about 5 minutes later and edited the title and some of the description and it ate the thumbnail, replacing it with an auto generated one.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.