Tue, Oct 22, 6:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: There's a whole in the bucket dear liza

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 1:55 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:41 AM

someone PLEASE help me mend this problem I just bought a WHOLE lotta stuff for my characters (fun shopping spree) but for some reason my stuff isn't working right for example I bought Veronica year 3 for V3, her body shows through in severaL places worse at certain times when I change the camera angles same thing with m3 and wildenlander outfit. it looks like those shredded pants teens wore in the 80's.  I open the base character then opn the clothes then conform each part to the figure what else am I supsed to do? Thanks!

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:09 AM

Liza will come along to help, Henry fix it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:14 AM

There is a limit to conforming clothing. If you're using a very extreme pose, you may well get poke-through in certain positions. It also sounds like you are maybe injecting a character morph to the base figure? 

Does the clothing fit when you first load it?

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:16 AM

no it pokes through with them just standing there I bought the morph injects pack or whatever do I need to put that on the character before putting the clothes on?

tom271 ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:24 AM

with a hammer dear Henry   dear Henry,,  with a hammer.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2691996&page=1#message_2945478

> Quote - no it pokes through with them just standing there I bought the morph injects pack or whatever do I need to put that on the character before putting the clothes on?

Check out that thread.  I made a post that has tons of information including some tutorials for beginners in Poser.  You may find some of them helpful to you :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 3:54 AM

Thank you for that however I really need help with this specific thing when I load veronica year 3 onto v3 conform everything then hide her body install all the mats it looks great up close but then you start to make her father away zoom, out the camera so to speak and it looks as if its tearing the cloth apart and you get the wholes again  

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 6:54 AM

Oh wait, hold on. If it's just happening when you move the camera, that sounds like a problem with the display rather than the actual clothing or model. What happens when you render? Are the holes still there?

"you are terrifying

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 10:10 AM

yes, not nearly as bad but yes.  can ya help me?

linkdink ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 12:24 PM

soulseeker, I think you need to adjust the "hither" on your camera. Click on the camera ball, or otherwise select the camera you want to use. Look at the hither setting. Adjust it up or down and see if the clothing looks normal.

Gallery

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:01 PM

thanks for your reply ok I know this is stupid but I did click on the ball and I looked through all the tabs and the help manual where are the "hither" settings sorry I'm asking all this but I am so dishearted that I have spent so much money on this stuff and so much time every second I get off work goes toward learning this program does that make sense? I just want to render something!  lol

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:34 PM

file_373886.gif

OK, double click on the camera ball, this will pop up the properties palette. The hither setting is on there. Reduce this to zero.

If this doesn't fix it, go into Render Settings, Preview tab, and change the display engine to Sree3d. This may also help.

If neither of these works, please post a render showing the problem.

"you are terrifying

soulseekermovie ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:44 PM

Karen!!! you are my HERO!

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 4:38 PM

So it worked? Cool 👍

"you are terrifying

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.