Sun, Oct 6, 1:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Vue6 xStream error message "Unable to read file"

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 7:17 AM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 6:35 AM

Hello waves

Biiig problem!

My otherwise great working Vue6 is unable to import the scenes or objects from the Extras CD!
I tried copying them to my HD, directing the prog manually, open the scene or object by themselves, even changed the read/write attributes of the folders....nothing, niente, nada!

I would really really really be very very very HAPPY about a tip...or two!

Thank you very much :crying:

haegerst ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 8:43 AM

Sounds like a broken CD to me. You meantioned you tried copying the files to HDD, did this work or did you already get the error when trying to copy?

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 8:55 AM

No...copying the files made no problems....but I think not the files are the problem rather something with my WinXP ?

I have problems to give my folders "free"...they are all system folders suddenly! :blink:
I searched through lot's of tech-forums but to no avail...

The error message says: "Unable to read files"...as if Vue can't get grasp them somehow...

:unsure:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.