Mon, Sep 9, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: materials and cr2's

Swidhelm ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 9:54 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 8:29 PM

Hey all,

Just finishing up my alien figure, and want to release it soon. However I'm having an issue with material zones. Now its nothing detrimental, just a matte of professionalism and something I'd like to learn before I start making figures to sell.

Essentially, per advice from this community, which has so far been a huge help, I've got material zones for every body part, so that it was easy to group in the setup room rather than spend an age selecting poly by poly, cause that's just retarded. (something that REALLY needs addressing in poser I think.) The rig is set up, most of the joints are primo, though a couple still need tweaking. But I would love to be able to now change the material zones so the list isn't so huge. Like one for body, one for teeth, etc.

I've been able to create additional material groups in the grouping tool in poser, but its tricky, and if I delete the material zones that I don't want in cr2 builder I end up corrupting the cr2 and the figure won't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help that can be offered!
Swidhelm

kirwyn ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 11:17 AM

Whenever I need to make modifications to the joint or material zones, I usually do this in UVMapper.  I use the Pro version but I suspect this can be done with the free version as well. 

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 1:54 PM

Can you assign the mesh groups for the body parts within your modeling or UV-mapping apps, independently of the materials?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.