Thu, Oct 3, 1:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: POSER 7 will previous Poser characters work?

renderclipps ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 6:40 AM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 11:19 AM

Hi All
I've just purchased Poser 7 and have a copule of questions.
If I'm loading a P6 character will it still work and what is the best way to load it into Poser.
I notice there's a "Install from ZIP archive" button, this works fine with Poser 7 characters but there seems to be a problem for previous characters.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 9:01 AM

All Poser characters from previous versions will work in Poser 7.

I never use the "install from ZIP archive" button, I just extract the ZIP file to a Poser Runtime.

By the way, it's a good idea to create multiple runtimes and not clobber up the P7 runtime with everything you buy/download (my runtimes total over 40 GB by now....)

Here's how you do it:

• using your file manager application, create a folder called "Poser 6";

• inside the "Poser 6" folder, create a folder called "Runtime"

• in Poser 7, expand the library, and move up through the folder hierarchy until you can't get any further. Doesn't matter whether you're in the Figure library, the Pose library, or any other library. You will probably see only two folders, Poser 7 and Downloads, and a red dot on the Poser 7 folder.

• Click the rightmost dropdown triangle on the top of the library palette (it's probably located close to the edge of your screen) and choose "Add new runtime" Browse to the "Poser 6" folder you created earlier and confirm your choice.

You've just made your first external runtime. You can create as many external runtimes as you wish, and they can be on local drives, network drives, removable drives, you name it. It might even be possible to fill a runtime with content, burn it to a CD/DVD, and use the CD/DVD as an external runtime. Haven't tried that yet.

When you extract a ZIP file, point it to the main folder name of the runtime you want to deliver the content. E.g., point it to the "Poser 6" folder you created.

Hope this helps,

Steven.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

renderclipps ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 5:08 AM

Thanks very much svdl

I've just pre-ordered my copy of Adobe Creative Video Suite for 2 resons.

1. Great value. 2) There is now a degree of compatiblity with Poser. So I'll be wading through the forums to collect as mush info as poss.

Thanks

Again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.