Tue, Sep 24, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: why oh why...

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 11:48 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 7:22 AM

Why oh why does P7 always but always start up with its default content.. that hideous Simon G2. Why cant i just get a new fresh empty scene or document?

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 11:53 AM

Have you set "open to prefered" in preferences and set the prefered with a blank document open the way you want it? The render settings etc. will also be saved as part of the prefered document... I believe it is just a standard .pz3 stashed away in preferences.

sorry for spelling :)

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:13 PM

Hmmmmm well I did find my way to there... and thenwhen i pressed the Set Preffered State tab nothing happened. I figured it was me :(  Have i got a duff install of Poser7 you think?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:20 PM

You won't see anything until you close and reopen Poser.  The trick is to delete the figure first and then go to your Options menu and "Set Preferred State" and then "Open to Preferred State".

You have to do this in this precise order or your preferred state will be with Simon in the document window.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:26 PM

Ahh Victoria.. that cleared that up. I thought presing that tab would mean me getting a load of options as opposed to, my actual wiindow, as it was, being the preferred state.  Have to 'save' that state too or it wont work.

Thanks hun :)

Quote - You won't see anything until you close and reopen Poser.  The trick is to delete the figure first and then go to your Options menu and "Set Preferred State" and then "Open to Preferred State".

You have to do this in this precise order or your preferred state will be with Simon in the document window.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 1:06 PM

Happy to help.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.