Sun, Oct 6, 6:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: What texture for V4 would you recommend?

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 2:54 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:11 PM

I'm just really starting to use V4, but so far I haven't really found a texture that really pleases me. I'm hoping that Morris and, perhaps Sydd will issue something, but until then, does anyone have any recommendations?

kalonart.com

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 3:52 PM

I find myself using Saylor, from Daz, quite often.  The morph definitely improves V4's default, and yes ugly, look.

...... Kendra

Arvanor ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 4:44 PM

Morris has a set for V4 at Daz just in case you didn't knew about it. :-) Emma (Daz) is nice, Helena (Daz) is nice, Nanette (here at the marketplace) is nice.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

Giolon ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 4:48 PM

I believe I put the standard V4 hi-res textures to good use in my Tenel Ka image.  I like it much better than V3's standard texture. For my latest character, Kaiya, I used Saylor by StephanieBT @ DAZ3D.  I don't use character morphs, since I like to build my own, but the texture itself is very nice.  V4's head morphs make it much easier to get away from a face that screams "V4 used here!" than V3's morphs ever did, IMO.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Carioca ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 4:54 PM
kalon ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 6:50 PM

Thanks everyone, off to re-check DAZ.

@Arvanor - Thanks, I forgot about Emma. I'm so use to looking for Morris stuff here.

kalonart.com

Anniebel ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 6:55 PM

Two textures from here that I love are Jules by Saintfox & Asheni by gypsyangel, the skins on both these products are fantastic, I use them a lot.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 7:44 PM

Depends a lot on what you want - white, black, asian?  Freckly, clear?  High glamour or "realistic"?  For variety, MaskEdit here has some really nice-looking skins that don't come with makeup but are very cool just the same, and come in sets of 3 for a cheap price:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=MaskEdit

My Freebies

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 8:52 PM

Right now, since I'm restarting, pretty much all of the above. (Hope 3D Universe comes out with a module to convert to/from V4).

I was looking at Grace at DAZ for a black texture. But that package by Maskedit is much more in my budget.

Asheni is gorgeous and I like that Jule comes with a no brow option. Both wishlisted.

Thank you both for your input.

kalonart.com

nakamuram ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 9:24 PM

I like Julia for V4 by Rajs Design,  in freestuff.  I've paid for textures that are not as good.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 11:02 PM

I'm a fan of the standard hi-res V4 texture. It's a little red but is easily darkened.
The Danae Milan textures are great also.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 11:45 PM

I second Milan by Danae
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=54193&vendor=5262

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 12:01 AM

Maskedits realskins are nice. I don't have a favorite - I just buy them all "Yelps as FBI hauls her off to debtor's prison".

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 1:23 AM

I third to that of Danae's MC's Mila V4 -- very high-detailed.

It's those things that gets me to create some V4 textures of my own.
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=54193&vendor=5262

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 4:40 PM

Milan is very nice. One of the best.

Reiann ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 5:00 PM

One thing that I've learned is that no matter how nice the texture is, if its not setup correctly in the mat room then your not getting its full potential... Aery_soul is who I keep going back to for a good texture and setup....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.