Sun, Oct 6, 5:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can Python do this?

linkdink ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 10:05 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:06 AM

I am going through my saved scene files and would like to be able to automate several things I am changing by hand:

• Scale Vicky's head and eyes to 115%. 

• As a bonus, I need to scale up her hair to match, but the dial or dials used to get best results can differ from figure to figure, or if it is a prop.

I know nothing of Python scripting, so I don't know if these things are possible. I'm using P6.

Thanks for any feedback.

Gallery

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 6:01 AM

Scaling head and eyes is possible. PoserPython can recognize the figure by its geometry file name, so it's not that difficult to make the script scale the correct figure.

The second part is tougher. If the hair is a figure, using the geometry file name will determine what figure it is, and the script can set the dials accordingly. If the hair is a prop, it may follow the "figureHair" prop name convention, but it doesn't have to. Props can have internal geometry (which means no geomFileName) or external geometry.
Tougher, but not impossible.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

linkdink ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 6:11 AM

Thank you, svdl.  It would probably take me longer to learn Python that it would to simply do the scaling ad hoc.

Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.