Tue, Oct 1, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Setting a figure size?

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:38 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 8:20 AM

If I make a figure and I want it to be a certain amount smaller, 30 percent for example, can I write that into the cr2 so that the figure loads that size?  I know that memorize figure can be used but I want a more permanent setting.

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 7:27 AM

that is what memorize does, writes a permanent setting into the cr2 when it loads. Otherwise you would have to change the obj which would trow off the joints.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 7:53 AM

I thought that I might be able to make the body size a certain number so that it would  be that size when it loads instead of the default 100 percent?

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:23 AM

You can. That is what Memorize does. 

1-Turn off IK
2-Scale the figure in the BODY section
3-Translate the Body down to the floor
4-Memorize figure
5-Save to Library

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:32 AM

The problem with that is, if someone sets up a scene using the figure and memorizes it to save the pose, then the memorize settings are lost.

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:36 AM · edited Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:41 AM

If they load the scaled figure and set up a scene using the figure and memorizes it to save the pose, then figure will still save scaled.

Memorized is memorized until it is manually reset. Poses don't have Body channel data so that info isn't changed when a pose is added.

When you restore a figure it goes back to the memorized state. Memorized is permanent until the dial is altered and memorized to a new value. Poses don't change the "Body" chanel

Memorizing is setting a firm value for the dial within  the cr2 as you described. I am not sure why this wouldn't be exactly what you wanted?

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:57 AM

If someone resizes the figure and memorizes it, then the size information will be lost, I wanted a more permanent way to set the size so that it is not so easy to make the size wrong.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 9:05 AM

You can change it be editing the cr2 if you really want to, edit the "k" line value in the BODY scale channel so the second nomber is the desired value, then set the "initValue" line to the same value.

This makes exactly the same changes to the cr2 as using Memorize, then resaving the figure would. There really is not any "more permanent setting".

One thing you could do is add a second scale channel to the body and hide it. The second scale channel would then contain your change of scale but not be visible in the interface. A second scale channel would need to use a diffrent name, eg "propagatingScale scale2".

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 9:28 AM

Ok, thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.