Mon, Sep 9, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: How do you get the V4.1 muscles to work?????

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 8:11 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 12:36 PM

I have just bought the V4.1 muscle injections from daz, and downloaded the V4.1 update.
The update went well and is not sitting pretty, but no matter how many time i add the "INJ Muscles V4" to V4.1 all that gets added is "VastusMedials" in the Deformers(Base) dials (and it replaces the Strength dial....
I have no idea where the morphs are?????
Please can someone help me on this
Ohh and i have my Runtime in a different folder, i dont know if that helps?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 8:23 AM

Ok now i have them working.... if anyone want to know i installed them in the directory of my runtime first then on the drive where i have poser for some reason if you do this the other way round it doesnt work......hmmmm....
are they making these installers more complex for no reason?????

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 10:47 AM

http://zenryokuhp.com/poser-oboegaki/archives/2007/04/victoria_41_pos.html
"When used with Poser TM, "Victoria 4.1 Base" must be installed to the same directory as the application executable; due to restrictions on support file locations. Please select the directory that contains your Poser executable."

I don't know what's going on but I'll be downloading and installing with extreme caution from tomorrow onwards.

Eternal Hobbyist

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 11:07 AM

"I don't know what's going on but I'll be downloading and installing with extreme caution from tomorrow onwards."
book marked

Anniebel ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 11:09 AM

They have gone backward & it is just the same problem as Poser 5 used to have with the delta files.

If you install to an external runtime, you need to copy the files in the !DAZ folder in the Library of your external runtime to the Library folder in your Poser runtime.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 11:28 AM

That's exactly what I was afraid of, Anniebel, when I was reading this last night.  I hate having to inflate my Poser Runtime with anything because right now the only thing in P7 is the native content but I guess I'll have to do this because I want the muscles and stuff to work.

Any ideas on what made them do this?  We all complained so much about having to have the Deltas inside P5 that it didn't need to be so with P6.  I was hoping they'd leave well enough alone.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Singular3D ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 11:38 AM

Seems Daz messed some things up here. Partially they blame it on Poser, but I wonder what's the use of this new technology ExP. They say, that this solves the conflict of different morph packages using the same custom channels, but this can also be solved with a Phyton script. Posermatics NBS morph package uses this technology and works flawless. At least on my Poser 6.

Well, it is not Daz|Studio compatible...

DarrenUK ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 2:58 PM

The thing that I  found a pain. I use to save copies of v4 that I had twiddled the dials on and set up new materials to create different characters that I used alot. It saved having to go to the pose and material rooms all the time. Now however if I try to save a character no-matter what I call it, it saves in the folder as Victoria 4, meaning that if I try to save another one it would overwrite it. Also if I try to use the full body morph dial on a V4 figure other than the one in the Daz folder it does not apply all the morphs. It means that I will have to save each figure in a pz3 file.
In a way I can understand why they did it, to stop people passing on figures that are really V4, but it's a pain in the ar*e if you just want to save time loading up your regularly used characters.
On the plus side its good to have a Mimic compatible V4.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

Fyrene ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 4:55 PM

I had the same problem. Im still using ProPack. The original V4.0 installed flawlessly. However, the V4.1 morphs and update would not. I created a dummy poser folder with a poser.exe and poser.rsr file (as was suggested) and it still would not let me extract. Fortunately, I had DAZ|Studio loaded and it let me load there. I was thinking I would have to install P5 just to get it to work, but didnt. To keep from getting the version number conflict, had to resave all the .pz2 files (and .cr2 files) to version 4. That took well over an hour. I can understand some non support for less than version 6, but the installers are ridiculous. Im one of those people who like to extract to an external folder so I can pick and choose what to put into my Runtime. Apparently, DAZ likes full control over their users. Sad :(

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 5:05 PM

DAZ is claiming "it's not our fault, it's Poser" in regards to the default runtime restriction.  What I don't understand, is why they decided to go ahead with this path even though it creates a royal pain in the ass for everyone involved.  At first I thought it was just because it makes things easier for content creators (so they could try to make more $$), but from reading over there @ DAZ, even that doesn't seem to be the case.  V4.1 is now harder to use and less convenient for both content creators and end users all for the ability for DAZ to enable some "features" that it seems that nobody asked for.

So, Fyrene, I don't think it's accurate to say that DAZ just wants to control what you're doing down to the installation location of your content, but it's clear to me that they let some technical guru come in with some brainy feature that's "super sweet!" in some theoretical way, but in all practicality, it's a giant hairball that everyone who uses V4.1, content creators and end users alike, are going to have to swallow.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 3:14 PM

It makes it easier for users, in that you don't have to have a separate CR2 for any morph set that uses more morphs than can be accomodated with the supplied channels (and you don't get two morphs wanting to use the same channel so that you can't mix and match them). It also means that variant figures (such as the two different UV mappings on the Girl) could automatically take on new morph packs - none of the fiddling people had to go through getting Boopsie by Capsces to work with the other version of the Girl. It's an open-ended expansion system.

Gongyla ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:47 PM

Easier? Why that dos app on the desktop? Why the need to desactivating firewalls?
I'll stay with V4.

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:18 PM

Quote - It makes it easier for users, in that you don't have to have a separate CR2 for any morph set that uses more morphs than can be accomodated with the supplied channels (and you don't get two morphs wanting to use the same channel so that you can't mix and match them). It also means that variant figures (such as the two different UV mappings on the Girl) could automatically take on new morph packs - none of the fiddling people had to go through getting Boopsie by Capsces to work with the other version of the Girl. It's an open-ended expansion system.

How so?

Instead of simply and easily installing the pack into my V4 runtime, and loading up the morphs (and I can honestly say, I've rarely mixed morph packs together, so I only encountered the problem once), for immediate use, I have to install to my P7 runtime, move things to the V4 runtime, run the updater script (which, if I've read things right, actually makes the .cr2 larger), and then I can inject the morphs.

And if I happen to forget a step (either installin to the P7 runtime, or running the script), I can't use the morphs. :cursing:

Sure, this may help newbies in that they don't have to worry about why certain morph packs don't work together, and it may be intended to help those more experienced users do less work mixing and matching morph packs, but it actually adds at least as many steps as it removes, negating any real time-saving benefit.

Not to mention, at present there's almost no reason for the average user to install this update, because there's almost nothing, outside of the inevitable upcoming DAZ-released products that's going to use ExP, everyone else still uses INJ/REM, and will for some time until they start accepting this new system.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 12:34 AM

Uh...  I think... maybe... I will just KIV the installation part.  Fears it will be too dodgey for me to get right.  Risk messing up my existing Poser runtime.  Feeling too chicken to deal with all the V4 to V4.1 upgrading right now.

Eternal Hobbyist

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 2:27 AM · edited Sat, 28 April 2007 at 2:29 AM

Quote - Now however if I try to save a character no-matter what I call it, it saves in the folder as Victoria 4, meaning that if I try to save another one it would overwrite it. Also if I try to use the full body morph dial on a V4 figure other than the one in the Daz folder it does not apply all the morphs. It means that I will have to save each figure in a pz3 file.

Can you elaborate on this? You are sure? So you cannot save a duplicate V4 in the library? Does anyone know what is causing this? How are character merchants suppsed to save their work in progress for V4 characters? Is there a recommended method. 

I've spent a few hours reading threads. I'll be honest. I'm just curious.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.